PDA

View Full Version : Front Caster Block Screws

Smoothound
07-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I lost my 2 bottom ones :rolleyes:

So I ordered the Atomic Titanium set of screws and collars from Stella Models, which have duly arrived in double quick time as usual :D

I come to fit them and the poxy screws are all too long and touch the shaft so I now have to grind the screws down to fit unless I'm missing something obvious :eek:

How hard is it to get the freaking screws the right length :confused:

WhoMe
07-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Nice camera!..and thanks for the info I just ordered those.

.5x8
07-02-2005, 02:03 PM
umm...smooth...instead of grinding down the washer...risking damage...why wont you just go to a hardware store and get the same screw but shorter? just saying it would be easier...if they dont have the stock length...get something a only LITTLE bit bigger then stock but smaller then the atomic one...

richh
07-02-2005, 02:21 PM
looks like the thread pitch is finer too, which may cause it to strip more easily if you're going into the old hole.

Smoothound
07-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I'll be grinding down the screw not the washer, easily done just crazy that the screws are completly wrong length.

I've got some ally knuckles coming soon so I hope the thread pitch matches the new screws rather than the old screws...

I'm going to try them in the old knuckles first because I can't have it out of action a minute longer :D

Smoothound
07-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Nice camera!..and thanks for the info I just ordered those.

Yeah cameras OK, was very good when I bought it a few years back now it is starting to seem old, Sony Cybershot 707. You are welcome to the info. Just wish i had somewhere local that sold titanium screws :mad:

Smoothound
07-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I've got some ally knuckles coming soon so I hope the thread pitch matches the new screws rather than the old screws...

I got a horrible feeling all these knuckles and king pin screws are gonna be all different threads
:(

Who is using what and what fits what...if that makes any sense :D

BitHed
07-03-2005, 01:56 AM
...i have a 'feeling' that the knuckles will be FINE thread...previously i thread-locked the screws into the knuckle but they spin freely on the washers...I actually mucked one up and the knuckle swivels ON the crew which cant be healthy but it still works great...

...But good point Smooty...you just KNOW that none of these companies have bothered to care about what the others are doing...lol...regular frankenstein conversion..lol..

Smoothound
07-03-2005, 07:27 AM
We'll see what comes in the post next week then I'll sort some screws out. Gonna have to search through what I've got and see if I have anything to fit now...gotta drive :D

akura2
07-03-2005, 01:12 PM
do any of these alloy knuckles come with screws?.... that would solve all the problems.....

Smoothound
07-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Dragon Racing knuckles have just arrived, no screws with them but the Atomic Titanium screws fit standard ones don't :rolleyes:

Crunch
07-06-2005, 04:14 AM
Just picked up a set of SATO knuckles, no screws included as well. The atomic Ti screws and kingpin fits, but alittle too long, had to grind down about 2 threads.

Got a set of Dragon Racing knuckles as well, the bearing slots seemed a tad bit too small, so I used the SATO knuckles instead. I suspect different brands of bearings might have a tiny size difference.

Feels good to finally be able to LOCK the damn screws and never have to worry about them comming lose. WOOT!!!

lukeita
07-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Hello
Ordered 3Racing knuckles... from the photo on RCMart they should arrive with screws:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/images/3racing_mif-030bu.jpg

akura2
07-06-2005, 02:39 PM
thank goodness...those are the ones I ordered too...whew!

Mini-Devil
07-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I have received my 3Racing knuckles and I confirm they come with screws. They look like they are of the right length, but I haven't had time to put them on the car so I can't confirm that.

By the way, I ordered from Stella for the very first time and my order arrived faster than I was expecting and packaging and communication were perfect!

akura2
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
I've ordered from Stella as well... I think rl0725 might be faster for shipping but he didn't have the parts yet

3Racing might be the ticket for alloy knuckles.... as long as the bearings fit well and there is less slop...

some knuckles have had bearing fit issues

jason9815
07-09-2005, 04:06 AM
I have a question for lukeita that is completely offf-topic. With your current setup w/ mamba 8000kV and your 8 cell sadles how fast will your car run?!?!?

J2