PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Center Driveshafts

GraphicArtist
06-27-2005, 02:54 PM
I found some Duratrax dogbones that are a perfect fit to replace the stock plastic driveshafts. The part number is DTXC7475. It contains 4 steel dogbones for $12. The stock driveshafts are less than 0.2oz, while these steel driveshafts are a little over 0.3oz.

Mini-Devil
06-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Look nice! Any idea what's the weight of these driveshafts compared to the stock Kyosho ones? I heard earlier on this forum that that kind of part should be as light as possible to prevent loosing power.

Also, I found them even cheaper at HobbyOutlets ($9.99):
http://www.hobbyoutlets.com/duratrax/DTXC7475.htm

maxxenitout
06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Found the titanium center shafts on the 3racing website. They are the ones in this ebay auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44021&item=5983579408&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I decided to order directly from 3racing since there was a few other things I needed. Should be here soon I will let you guys know how I like them. 3racing has excellent customer service they contacted me a.s.a.p. regarding my order, they also reviewed my order and found that I purchased something that wasn't compatible with the mini inferno and so they checked back with me to make sure I hadn't made a mistake.

GraphicArtist
06-27-2005, 04:34 PM
I've been looking at those too, but I placed an order from Stella earlier this week, and I overlooked them. :( I'll probably get those when the ball diffs are released. They are bound to be lighter than the Duratrax dogbones. Please let us know how you like them.

GraphicArtist
06-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Did y'all know that the center shafts are the same length as the rear shafts? That means that the 3Racing Center Shafts should also work in the rear.
The front shafts are shorter by the width of a pin. I put a rear shaft in the front and there was no play.

akura2
06-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Did y'all know that the center shafts are the same length as the rear shafts? That means that the 3Racing Center Shafts should also work in the rear.
The front shafts are shorter by the width of a pin. I put a rear shaft in the front and there was no play.

no play good?... or no play bad?

if it's good that there is no play... then you could put the 3Racing shafts throughout the entire car.... that would be kinda cool

GraphicArtist
06-30-2005, 04:27 AM
No play bad. If 3Racing made them a tad bit shorter, like 1mm, then maybe. Then you have to worry about when the ball diffs come out. The diffs may be wider or thinner. But you can definately use the titanium shafts on center and rear.