PDA

View Full Version : Good way to keep dirt out.

BLACKHAWK444
06-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Well the stock body fits pretty loosely on the chassis. This allows for dirt to enter. I good way to fix this is by putting a small strip of velcro on each side wall of the chassis. You can also put velco on the body to completely seal it up. It works really well and the body is a lot more solid. You don't even need the body pins(but you should use them).

maxxenitout
06-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Great Tip...Alot of pro drivers use this. I believe I just read something about Jared Tebo using that exact method on his GT. I was planning on using velcro when I get a new body.

akura2
06-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Great Tip...Alot of pro drivers use this. I believe I just read something about Jared Tebo using that exact method on his GT. I was planning on using velcro when I get a new body.

my new body was sent out yesterday.... should have it in days...

BLACKHAWK444
06-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks. I wonder if the proline body fits as loosely as the kyosho one. Hopefully not.

.5x8
06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
thats what i did with my team losi xxx-bk....those stock body mounts were a pain in the ass..so i just use velcro..and the front body pins...lol but for now...im fine..ill put velcro on it later..and for you guys that like to buy and store for later...dont let the velcro sit too long..the glue wears out...especially dont let it sit by the window where the sun can get it..

Inferno454
07-15-2005, 02:30 AM
Tebo used it on his B4. i use it on my T4.