PDA

View Full Version : Enlightenment

BitHed
06-22-2005, 02:02 PM
...I have a few things to say...

...First a HUGE thankyou to halfEIGHT, owner of this site...For a man i once despised with a vengeance he has grown to be a guy I respect admire from the bottom of my heart...He just doesnt know it...

...A shout out to Arch2b who is a friend and a valued client of PanicToys...ONE DAY I will ask Arch to design my HQ :D I have a space between TAMIYA and KYOSHO all picked out ;)

...My apologies to WhoMe for what I thought of him during a certain period of time a few weeks back...He didnt deserve the opinion i had f him, especially after he stuck with me though the whole release pf the H8...

...A big bear hug of appreciation for my new friend Akura...Here is a man who showed me the value of 'choosing' his life...He gave up a position many of us would die for to follow his TRUE calling and that is SO big in my book...I am still jealous of his previous positon though...PLUS he doesnt mind when i call him 'sweetheart' :D But it was just the once...lol...

...I also owe a BIG bag of candy to Graphix over at one18th...He let me roll through that place with reckless abandon without ever batting an eyelid...Graphix even got his H8 from me...it was a priviledge to help him but i just wish that i had one it better...

...PanicToys is 2 and a half years old...it takes its name from my birthday, August 29 (same day as Michael Jackson FYI) and a differnet japanese reading of the three numbers 8, 2 and 9...

...I have a 'mission' up at PanicToys...it helps me to read it every now and then...As some of you know i have been trouble with PanicToys recently...And i understood tonight WHY...

...I had drifted from my roots...RC isnt my REAL hobby...PanicToys IS...i dont get upset when my car stps running for whatever reason but as soon as Panic stops moving i get dark and depressed, moody, and start drinking too much coffee and smoking too many cigarettes...

...i realized tonight the reason for THIS failure was selfishness...looking after number one...trying to be the best and newest with the H8 meant i was pissing all my profits away...not doing the groundwork to stay ahead..and i just got eaten up...i got confused...i wanted to 'keep you all up to date' with what was new...That matched my 'goal' of educating but it also meant i wasnt able to provide my best selling service..catch 22...

BitHed
06-22-2005, 02:26 PM
...its a cliche for sure but its good to be back...PanicToys is starting from zero again...a paypal feedback of 190+ and an ebay feedback of 98...I almost made my first ton :D But i have realised that i cant keep up with Hong Kong OR the shop here...I thought maybe that i shouldnt even have tried but i am pleased i tried and failed...it reaffirms to me what i do best, and thats cater to the little guy, get him that exotic part, travel the unbeaten path, get the spy-shot and fuel the gossip around the water cooler...Of course i wasnt AT the recent anaheim show but it made me smile to think that at least SOMEONE mentioned my name somewhere there :D

...Reading this you might feel that it is all self-centered bullsh!t to make BitHed feel better about himself...You might be right...but i have nowhere else to put it...typing this stuff out makes a difference from writing class notes about the cat in the FREAKIN' hat...lol...

..i relaized tonight that the journey is MORE fun than the dollars at the finish line for me...sure the money is nice but that was never really the goal...and when i lost site of the goal it was a freak show...a mad scramble, a regular demolition derby of the soul of PanicToys...

...I do have a goal now...and that is to live my life like Captain Bit...The TRUE inspiration in my life...Here is a man who has it all...well most everything except all his hair...If i achieve even HALF of what he has done then it will be a miracle...

...so there you have it...PanicToys is dead in the water...no money coming in, and none going out...I have stock to get rid off but no funds to send and DEFINATELY no leads...And seeing its all KYOSHO stuff is so fiendishly expensive that i definately wont break even...and i USED to fret about that...oh no oh no...I am not going to break even on that spring set, oh gee oh golly, I am losing money on that red screw set...LOL...i mean how PATHETIC is that...Thats not what i am about...Thats not what panicToys is about...and its SURELY not what this site is about...

BitHed
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
...you know i was here from the start? I have 11 referrals and I dont even know how i got them or who from...Man i though i was THE BIG CHEESE in the H8 market...lol...Hong kong cut THAT off really quick..lol...I thought the world was going to FLOOD to the japanese items i would be doing...PFFT...lol...how naiive was i...The clients who purchased from me have no idea, NO IDEA!! how grateful i am to them...and then i turn around and screw it all up...its sad and its pathetic at the same time...

....anyway...backto square one again...and its refreshing in a way...starting again with all the knowledge i WISH i knew when i started...lol...its like i did cold turkey and got the monkey off my back...there is this clarity i havent felt since April 1st...Thanks to ALL of you here at halfEIGHT.com...I hope i can continue to be the best moderator i can...Thanks for listening...PEACE...Daran...

hkopium
06-22-2005, 03:25 PM
BitHed, you sounded upset. Don't be. At least I bought something from you :)

BTW, although the Hong Kong manufacturers do make the hop-ups fast, some of them do NOT sell them in Hong Kong. They have some kind of unsaid agreement that they sell the 1st round products to overseas retailers/distributors first. The local people (except those with special connection) may get their hands on some early products with small quantity only.

The GPM products for H8 has only been sold very few in Hong Kong local store. In fact, most H8 items you see on its website are still under production in the PRC factory. I ordered my Aluminum Wing over a month ago and still not yet here.

3Racing always sell their stuff to overseas first then to a few local shops after a month or so at limited quantity.

Atomic... it is so hard to find its early productions in Hong Kong.

So you are not really doing that bad.