PDA

View Full Version : My latest collection of Hop Ups (Arms)

hkopium
06-22-2005, 05:39 AM
Ultimate combo off ebay + Decal for my Half-8

Gonna have some fun over this weekend. :D

Still waiting for my dawn Aluminum Wing from GPM... :(

mOOsE
06-22-2005, 06:18 AM
better get some iceyhot for your wrist after all those screws...post some pics when its all done

hkopium
06-22-2005, 06:54 AM
better get some iceyhot for your wrist after all those screws...post some pics when its all done

LOL, lots of screws to deal with... :eek:

akura2
06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
ya... you're going to be screwin' a lot

hkopium
06-22-2005, 09:02 AM
ya... you're going to be screwin' a lot

Screwing is okay with me. I have an electrical screw driver... just hope I will not be screwed by making some silly mistake in upgrading my H8. :o

NitroSpazzz
06-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Don't forget the locktite on metal to metal connections :D It might be a pain but it pays off later when you screws stay in the whole race

hkopium
06-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the advise. I do have some screw glue at home. ;)

Hawk
06-22-2005, 06:22 PM
If you have some shoe goo, apply a little on the ends of the suspension hinge pins to keep the e clips from falling off. It will get sort of hard and just peels off when you want it too. You can use it on shock nuts too. :cool:

Crunch
06-23-2005, 04:12 AM
Brother hkopium!!

May I know how you got your stuff from RC-Dragon? I tried to contact him multiple times, but only got one e-mail back with no contact. I want to buy the knuckles as the 3Racing ones aren't available yet.

Thanks!!!!

hkopium
06-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Brother hkopium!!

May I know how you got your stuff from RC-Dragon? I tried to contact him multiple times, but only got one e-mail back with no contact. I want to buy the knuckles as the 3Racing ones aren't available yet.

Thanks!!!!

Brother Crunch, via Ebay, they don't answer email too eagerly. But once you placed an order, that's a different story. ;)

BitHed
06-23-2005, 11:41 AM
....we have some japan-made knuckles but they are WAY over-priced at 35 bucks :( Blue or titanium and they come with extra kingpin washers, you know, the tiered ones :D

Crunch
06-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks Bit, 35 bucks!!!!! Hummm.......they better be gold or silver plated instead of blur or Ti colored....hee hee hee

hkopium, thanks, that a weird way of doing business....kinda like show me the $$ and we'll talk.....I rather not buy from them at all then. I'll wait for someone else to launch these....(I know....I'm anal about customer service since I work at this field). :p

BitHed
06-23-2005, 03:38 PM
...Hey Crunchy...yeah they are nice but its hard t justify that money when 3racing is just a few weeks away...

...BTW Frank callled...understood...will mail you over the weekend...I am in Okinawa from Monday so i will be out of touch for a week...

...Opiuom anyway you could actually WEIGH some of those parts against the stock weights? See what you can do...actually see if there are scales in the kitchen ;) Actually whip something up while you are at it..feeling kinda peckish :D

hkopium
06-23-2005, 05:45 PM
...Hey Crunchy...yeah they are nice but its hard t justify that money when 3racing is just a few weeks away...

...BTW Frank callled...understood...will mail you over the weekend...I am in Okinawa from Monday so i will be out of touch for a week...

...Opiuom anyway you could actually WEIGH some of those parts against the stock weights? See what you can do...actually see if there are scales in the kitchen ;) Actually whip something up while you are at it..feeling kinda peckish :D

I will try to find a scale or something... which parts do you want me to weight? THe arms alone? The knuckles? All together?

BitHed
06-25-2005, 04:46 AM
...just try and get us an idea of the differnce in weight between THEm and stock...and/or if the weight changes the handling...you know...just do us a detailed, complicated 4 page review :)

Crunch
06-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Hello hkopium!

Just a quick question about your parts from RC-dragon. I just won the auction for 2 sets of knuckles on ebay....he just e-mail me and wanted USD$7 for shipping! Did you pay any S&H fees or did you guys meet up to trade?

I mean USD$7 (HKD$55) for local mailing is alittle ridiculous!

Thanks buddy!

.5x8
06-30-2005, 03:55 AM
hkopium..got those pics with the parts installed yet? oo i wanna see! lol....

crunch, NO WAY....for local shipping? O_O my dad shipped this automotive part that he sold..and its alot bigger and heavier than 2 little sets of knuckles..and it was only 4 bucks..lol...wow...i would go pick em up myself if i were u crunch...better than paying $55 in HK currency

hkopium
06-30-2005, 04:09 PM
hkopium..got those pics with the parts installed yet? oo i wanna see! lol....

crunch, NO WAY....for local shipping? O_O my dad shipped this automotive part that he sold..and its alot bigger and heavier than 2 little sets of knuckles..and it was only 4 bucks..lol...wow...i would go pick em up myself if i were u crunch...better than paying $55 in HK currency

Sorry bro. No time for installing the Arms yet... been extremely busy with work lately. :(

May have some free time this weekend to do them.