PDA

View Full Version : What The Heck Is Happening!?!??!

.5x8
06-17-2005, 02:07 PM
well, yesterday..i just finished making my slipper NOT SLIP FOREVER! i glued that stupid thing...so yes i locked it..and when i put it in.......i have EVERYTHING MESHED but for some reason..it just goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..and it barely moves......what the heck is going on? it never did that before..and i didnt touch anything else....should i regrease the diffs? would that help? I JUST REMESHED EVERYTHING MADE SURE IT WAS MESHING PERFECTLY! and it just goes WEEEEE i can even hold it against the ground..i need the center moving...both axles spinning to the f/r diff cases and it spins and spins and spins..but doesnt give a tug if i hold it...DID I EAT THE DIFF? THIS THING IS SO PISSING ME OFF RIGHT NOW! :mad:

Mini-Devil
06-17-2005, 03:12 PM
I have found out that when you untighten a little the screws used to close the central diff's box then the wheels move much more easily.

I'm not as upset as you are but I must agree the slipper/central diff unit is really the worst part of the H8 :(

The engineers at Kyosho must have drunk too much sake -or not enough? :D- while creating that part...

akura2
06-17-2005, 03:43 PM
you may have spun a diff cup... same thing happened to me..... take each wheel and spin it with your hand... you may find that one of them spins REALLY freely w/o turning the opposite wheel... check that and we'll go from there.....

because if you spin ONE diff cup... none of the wheels turn because the diffs unload.....

acsubie
06-17-2005, 04:11 PM
check you differential pinion, more than likely they are chewed

akura2
06-17-2005, 08:25 PM
or check the motor pinion.. when they get loose they make that sound too... especially if you heard the noise right away versus running it for a bit..... now that your slipper is locked... a loose pinion will be more noticeable

and less expensive.... so I hope that what it is

MOTRAIN
06-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah I would say motor pinion.... mine did the same thing once!

.5x8
06-17-2005, 09:48 PM
i checked it..IT DOESNT SPIN OUT! YAY! IT WAS JUST MY IMAGINATION! i guess i got used to driving my really fast TC3..and when ig ot it..it felt like it was f'ed up (lol excuse my french) thanks for helping guys..>.< SO EMBARASSING!!! YAY YAY YAY I CAN DRIVE IT AT SOCAL NOW!

BitHed
06-18-2005, 01:30 AM
...which one is the motor pinion?

.5x8
06-18-2005, 02:24 AM
the little gear that screws onto the motor shaft bit....lol are u okay? i knew this when i was like 5...(not saying ur dumb!) just saying that im surprised that you dont know......-_-

BitHed
06-18-2005, 02:32 AM
...all i knew when i was 5 was that i needed glasses and i wasnt REALLY cut out for school...

...im 35 and nothing has changed...and be gentle with me 5x8...im having lots of little crisies :o

.5x8
06-18-2005, 02:35 AM
SORRY! i was just saying i thought u would know! no hard feelings man?

akura2
06-18-2005, 02:56 AM
...all i knew when i was 5 was that i needed glasses and i wasnt REALLY cut out for school...

...im 35 and nothing has changed...and be gentle with me 5x8...im having lots of little crisies :o

BTW... I meant to tell you... I like your avatar

BitHed
06-18-2005, 02:57 AM
...if i knew would i ask?

...my avatar is (was?) the PanicToys logo...The good old red white and blue representing ALL our countries, except maybe australia ;) and PanicMan who has absolutely NO IDEA of what all the fuss is about...lol...

akura2
06-18-2005, 03:04 AM
never say "was"..... you're just having a slump...

maxxenitout
06-18-2005, 04:33 AM
Bit man, I've been in quite a slump as of late myself... Remember the titty screws??? :p You'll get threw it. I'm finally getting caught up!!! I had a broken wrist and was not being able to work for 2 and a half months. And when you have five kids it kind of throws you back a bit.

.5x8
06-18-2005, 05:31 AM

...my avatar is (was?) the PanicToys logo...The good old red white and blue representing ALL our countries, except maybe australia ;) and PanicMan who has absolutely NO IDEA of what all the fuss is about...lol...

dude i said I THOUGHT you would know. i was SURPRISED you asked

BitHed
06-18-2005, 06:35 AM
...Maxxen...FIVE childeren? and RC as a hobby? financial 'death-wish' lol...impressive...I have enough trouble feeding one...and HOPEFULLY, if the sun and moon mesh in a glorious cacophony of love and joy, a second one...hex wrenches crossed ;)

maxxenitout
06-18-2005, 06:58 AM
...Maxxen...FIVE childeren? and RC as a hobby? financial 'death-wish'
Lol...very true

.5x8
06-18-2005, 01:14 PM
wow maxx, 5 children?!?!?! DAYUM and you run R/Cs WOWWWW u making that moolah huh! **whispers** lemmeee have summ...pleeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssse

lol :D

maxxenitout
06-18-2005, 06:52 PM
wow maxx, 5 children?!?!?! DAYUM and you run R/Cs WOWWWW u making that moolah huh! **whispers** lemmeee have summ...pleeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssse
Lol... not really.. Just able to sqeek by and with out rc I would go insane!! Plus I used to work at a hobby store and made a few good friends in the industry so they hook me up some times.

holy_inferno
06-18-2005, 08:24 PM

ALL? What countries are you talking about? Are you sure that red, white, and blue represents ALL "our" countries? :) Include black for NZ too...

A thought, not to criticise :D