PDA

View Full Version : Ordering information for the H8

RURC
03-16-2005, 11:42 PM
OK people this is for you.....

White and Blue H8 Kyosho # 30121T1
Yellow and Blue H8 Kyosho # 30121T2
At this time Kyosho is uesing the following for the transmitter frequencys...
1 = brown
2 = red
3 = orange
4 = yellow
5 = green
6 = blue
These frequencyes are only to the US. I have no information on the rest of the world.
So if you want a Blue and White H8 on orange chrystals the # is 30121T1 Orange.

This information is given to help you with you H8 order.

BitHed
03-16-2005, 11:50 PM
...halfEIGHT.com will also be stocking the RTR's and parts as they come to hand...

...PanicToys will stock parts also...As BitHed IS PanicToys AND also a moderator here, myself and halfEIGHT.com will combine to provide THE BEST service on the planet...

...If this sounds like flagrant self-promotion and a knee jerk reaction to other release announcements its because it IS...We arent here to goof off or paint pretty pictures...We understand that you want to buy with the best price, of course you do, but halfEIGHT.com and PanicToys.com are dedicated to the GROWTH of the halfEIGHT community...Thats what we are here for...BitHed has spoken...PEACE...

RURC
03-16-2005, 11:54 PM
been trying to reach you Bit

I want your help on something

IM me asap

arch2b
03-17-2005, 12:04 AM
i have no doubt that the hE shop will (like the mini-zracer shop) aquire kyohso products WELL before tower hobbies. if it's and consolation, shopping here will support this developing forum and gallery. :D

BitHed
03-17-2005, 01:10 AM
...to add to this, the minFerno in japan is being released on 12 frequencies...the more the merrier it seems...The reduced number of frequencies in the US seems to have something to do with police and rescue and armed forces channels...You could be innocently driving your half somewhere and suddenly you could have x-file looking guys pull up in black Suburbans :eek:

RURC
03-17-2005, 01:56 AM
unless you have a HAM radio liscense.

BitHed
03-17-2005, 02:01 AM
..you finally got your avatar up :D i needed some eye candy ;)

...yeah but who is going to rush out and get their HAM license...i never worried about it when i was doing Mini Z RTR's..but this time around I will try and stick to 'allowed' frequencies...All part of the PanicToys service :cool:

BitHed
03-17-2005, 10:03 AM
...just found it in Spain for 285 USD PLUS shipping !!! :eek:

TNB
03-17-2005, 04:01 PM
...to add to this, the minFerno in japan is being released on 12 frequencies...the more the merrier it seems...The reduced number of frequencies in the US seems to have something to do with police and rescue and armed forces channels...You could be innocently driving your half somewhere and suddenly you could have x-file looking guys pull up in black Suburbans :eek:
I thought it was a radio transmitter range issue since the Radio Shack Xmods use more than 6 channel frequencies.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F006%5F009%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=60%2D8507

Any inside information on a kit? Four months? I'd rather purchase a kit (like the Losi Mini-T Pro) than have to gut out a Kyosho Half8 (like I did the Losi Mini-T). One option, I do see is returning my Losi Mini-T to stock or just picking up and dumping another Mamba-25 (or this Mamba Max I just read about on the other thread), another brushless motor, and a new servo in the Half8.

RURC
03-17-2005, 06:38 PM
I thought it was a radio transmitter range issue since the Radio Shack Xmods use more than 6 channel frequencies.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F006%5F009%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=60%2D8507.

The way I understand it is the governments distribution on the airwaves. It only allows certin frequencys. Also the last thing the hobby industry wants to do is make it easy to not have people competing on the same frequency. They want to sell extra parts. Also the high ehd of the hobby spend a lot more money and the industry dose not want to piss them off with some little RTR newbie glitching his 1000 dollar car. So since the gov only allows so many freqs for hobby RC, and the industry really needs the high end hobbiest, the intry level hobbist gets the lowest range signals and the fewest options.

Bit I have the HAM liscense. That is how I get away with running a 40mHz radio system. I never run in to any freq problems wnless I am at a world comp. Because the European guys come over and many of them run 40mHz.

Mazda787b
03-17-2005, 07:29 PM
You can always reverse the Xtals to get channels 7-12. It is not legal, but most racers do it.

BitHed
03-17-2005, 08:18 PM
...Mazda you 'MacGuyver' you :p What do you mean by reversing crystals? TX in the RX and vice versa?

TNB
03-17-2005, 09:09 PM
the intry level hobbist gets the lowest range signals and the fewest options.
RURC,
I brought up the "range issue" (actual distance that can be transmitted) simply for the basic fact that Radio Shack Xmods have 12 different frequency channels, not just 6. After all, if it wasnt' the government regulating everything, the Kyosho EX5-AD transmitter could probably be used in the USA as well though it uses a PFM FM band--An option that would be very nice for a Kyosho Mini-Z owner in the USA since it has 20 interchangeable frequency (band) crystals and is FM.

Mazda787b
03-17-2005, 09:30 PM
...Mazda you 'MacGuyver' you :p What do you mean by reversing crystals? TX in the RX and vice versa?

Exactly :D

Icey.Apple
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
yup... me and some friends did that too with our mini-z's once... we had 2 channels really close to eachother so we thought it could help to solve it... but it didn't though... In Holland we use both 27(fm?) mHz and 40(am?) mHz for racing... So If the H8 comes with an 27 mHz xtal i'm not worried :p ... just wondering, if i'd buy an H8 in Japan would it come with the correct xtals (european legal xtals)??