PDA

View Full Version : **Warning be careful with your diffs**

akura2
06-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I put the Atomic slipper pads in a couple of days ago and after 10 seconds of running on a slick linoleum floor ( I was at my LHS showing the guys there the H8) I spun one of the rear diff cups completely smooth where it attaches to the diff... not saying anything about the pads or locking your slippers.... just be careful, because I don't know why mine stripped out... I never touched the cups or the screw that holds them in... and once you lose the connection with one of your wheels with these gear diffs... the vehicle DOESN'T move (unless you loaded it with thick diff grease so that the diffs don't just unload)

hkopium
06-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the tips.

There are some alloy ones available for replacement. Hope u found them.

akura2
06-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the tips.

There are some alloy ones available for replacement. Hope u found them.

not yet... but i bet you when I finish typing this I'm going to start looking

**Edit: I found the Yeah Racing ones on eBay.... I wish the shop had them...they ship so quickly...

Now my H8 will be down for like a week.... :(

halfEIGHT
06-18-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm fundamentally opposed to stocking Yeah Racing junk, but if no one else comes out w/ them soon, I'll get them in. :)

We do have the stock replacements, however - I saw the IH21 in the pic there and thought "that can't be right - that's the shock towers" but I just went to the warehouse to verify - they sure are in the bag, along w/ the towers! :confused: :D

acsubie
06-18-2005, 01:55 AM
3racing is making the drive cups in titanium :D

BitHed
06-18-2005, 02:02 AM
...another one of KYOSHO's GREAT ideas...Let put the cups in with the towers...Yeah boss that makes TOTAL sense...lol..

mOOsE
06-18-2005, 02:20 AM
actually, they probably did there homework and realized that the shock towers and outdrives are the most common thing to fail/break.

akura2
06-18-2005, 02:29 AM

I know... but my car is broken NOW...:(

akura2
06-18-2005, 02:31 AM
We do have the stock replacements, however

I wish I'd known that.. I would have had them by now..... but I looked and they weren't there anywhere on the shop's site

***edit: Found them... I couldn't use the search to find them by number though...:(

dam... I could be driving right now...:(

.5x8
06-18-2005, 02:31 AM
they shouldve done their homework when they built the car too =] NOT SAYIN ITS A CRAP PIECE OF SHIIIIIEEET car...i mean..after a few $$$ this thing rocks! the only thing i dont liek about this car is the stupid slipper..i mean the fricken thing has 3 diffs..front..rear and center..WHY DA HECK DO YOU NEED A SLIPPER? look at the 1/8 scale buggies..they dont have slippers because of center diffs! i have seen someone convert their 1/8 scale buggy to electric, so its basically like this car...sooo....i dont know wat kyosho was smokin when they thought of the slipper part.

Hawk
06-18-2005, 05:55 AM
While 1/8 buggys don't have a slipper per se, they do have a clutch on the engine. it disconnects from the drive train when rpm drops. Many problems buggys have that break diffs, drive gears and cross pins in the diffs is because the clutch isn't releasing and the landing from a jump can put a huge shock through the drive train. The clutch will let slip unless you are full throttle. :cool:

.5x8
06-18-2005, 03:27 PM
well, i have seen a 1/8 scale nitro buggy converted into electric..and the guy said he doesnt have any problems with diffs, and he doesnt have a slipper...he just made a custom mount and mounted a hacker 6 turn on that baby. lol ill try to find the video!

halfEIGHT
06-18-2005, 04:26 PM
actually, they probably did there homework and realized that the shock towers and outdrives are the most common thing to fail/break.

Hey, that's actually a really good point! :cool:

halfEIGHT
06-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I wish I'd known that.. I would have had them by now..... but I looked and they weren't there anywhere on the shop's site

***edit: Found them... I couldn't use the search to find them by number though...:(

dam... I could be driving right now...:(

To search by PN, click the Search link (http://halfeight.com/shop/search.php) so you get the options of what fields to search, and be sure to check Search also in:
Part Number :)

Want a set overnighted on Monday? :)

halfEIGHT
06-18-2005, 04:29 PM

Good call - can't wait for "soon"! :D

akura2
06-18-2005, 04:36 PM
To search by PN, click the Search link (http://halfeight.com/shop/search.php) so you get the options of what fields to search, and be sure to check Search also in:
Part Number :)

Want a set overnighted on Monday? :)

I wish.. I should have the ones I ordered by then.... the bad thing is... the place i ordered from does UPS so they don't deliver on Saturdays... so not only did I have to wait... but now I have to wait longer... I thought I'd have them yesterday... I could have STILL had a set from you by now..... :mad:

and the thing is... they are IN souuthern Cali... If I has waited until tomorrow (Sunday- when I might have a free day to sneak away from wifey to the hobby shop) I could have driven there and picked them up myself and saved shipping... they aren't THAT far away... it's just my time is limited... :mad:

maxxenitout
06-19-2005, 04:50 AM
and the thing is... they are IN souuthern Cali...
Geez where did you order these from? Wait let me guess, Ultimate??

.5x8
06-19-2005, 05:00 AM
ultimate is that slow at shipping? speaking of ultimate..i wonder if they take 14 year olds as a part time job..they still looking for workers? lol....i need moneeey! i can work part time =]

akura: you got any speed info to give me on the aon 4900? well i need ur friends email! lol or hook me up with a nice price on the aon 4900 and the mamba 25! :D**british voice** come on come on **nudges** come on come on :p introduce me :D

maxxenitout
06-19-2005, 05:31 AM
To work in cali legally you have to be 16 yrs old and you will still need a work permit signed by your parents and ok'ed by your school. I used to be an assistant manager of a lhs and had kids always asking for jobs. I was offered a job over there but it's to far to drive for the pay they were offering. :rolleyes:

.5x8
06-19-2005, 06:33 PM
awwww you serious?!?!? i thought u can work at the age of 14 with a work permit ok'd by my parents and my school...damn...lol how much pay were they offering? minimum wage?

akura2
06-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Geez where did you order these from? Wait let me guess, Ultimate??

Ya.. went by there today instead of waiting... come to find out they haven't had that part in stock in weeks (that's why it's been taking so long)... so I've been waiting for nothing.... well at least I can order from here....