PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Glueing The Slipper

.5x8
06-16-2005, 04:40 AM
will this prevent this stupid thing from slipping? and i am sure it wont affect my jumping...(will it eat the gears) i am going to do it tomorrow probably so i can actually go to my track and test it out!!!

this car shouldnt even NEED a slipper....since it already has a center diff like its older brother 1/8 scale.....i wonder why kyosho didnt just put hte motor up to the center diff...the car would be so much more torquey than it would be stock..or any motor you fit in there.

Crunch
06-16-2005, 08:33 AM
The slipper is there for a reason, to protect the diffs. On a on-road car, you'll be right, a slipper can be eliminated. In the case of a off-road car, say if you jump and land with your finger on the throttle, the torque from the tiny motor can strip the gears in your diffs since you're forcing a change of speed even when you are applying constant throttle.

Think of it this way, line up the car to a wall head-on and give it full throttle, the motor is giving all its juice to move the car, but the diff. gears are preventing motor to spin at all, so what happens is that the gears will end up stripping itself against one another so that the motor can spin freely. Now, put a slipper in the above picture, the slipper will let the motor spin freely under the motor's torque and prevent the diffs to strip.

I've heard of people shutting the slipper completely, and the end result is a faster throttle response, but the price to pay was 3 sets of diffs in a month.

That's just my way of understanding it, I could be wrong.
;)

BitHed
06-16-2005, 08:39 AM
...crunch i have to disagree...I have run the whole gaunlet of settings and i just cannot see the benefits of the slipper in THIS car...I think KYOSHO have taken the 'COPY' idea too far...

...last night i was SO close to fitting the RC18T shaft into it...

.5x8
06-16-2005, 01:52 PM
cruch...thanks for helping but i disagree..i know what you mean but i dont think this car really needs one.
bit, i think you are right...because....look at the 1/8 scale buggies..they have TONS of power..and they dont ahve a slipper...that is because this car has a CENTER DIFF!!!! and from owning a 1/8 scale buggy.....that center diff let me do alot of things! FLOORING IT IN THE AIR TO DO BACKFLIPS, control of how the buggy is gonna land..so yeh...so in my opinion..there is no purpose for this slipper in the car. just because it has a CENTER DIFF.

bit-small question......what did you do with YOUR slipper to make it stop slipping with the AON 4900 BL?

acsubie
06-16-2005, 02:13 PM
i think the slipper is needed at least until we actually get some front and rear diff adjustability, i mean the stock diffs arent adjustable, 3racing's ball diffs will be a nice hop-up

WhoMe
06-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Mine works just fine lol

P.S. I dont think Id ever lock the slipper...thats just a real hoaky way of fixing a problem. Might aswell figuer out how to make the thing work properly.

akura2
06-16-2005, 03:53 PM
I put the Atomic slipper pads in a couple of days ago and after 10 seconds of running on a slick linoleum floor ( I was at my LHS showing the guys there the H8) I spun one of the rear diff cups completely smooth where it attaches to the diff... not saying it doesn't work.... just be careful, because I don't know why mine stripped out... I never touched the cups or the screw that holds them in... and once you lose the connection with one of your wheels with these gear diffs... the vehicle DOESN'T move (unless you loaded it with thick diff grease so that the diffs don't just unload)

.5x8
06-16-2005, 10:22 PM
well, i will lock it up and see wat happens..i will let all of you know!