PDA

View Full Version : On-Road halfeight

holy_inferno
06-14-2005, 03:05 AM
Just for fun... wouldn't it be nice if Kyosho developed a halfeight version of their 1/8 scale Evolva or Phantom?... A small on road car that goes FAST! :D
It would accompany the Inferno quite nicely IMO... :)

Just a thought of mine suddenly.. :p

BitHed
06-14-2005, 03:07 AM
...road tires, lose the wing and change the body...THAT would be a fun project...You lead and i will follow ;) Means that you do all the work and i just look at the piccies :D

holy_inferno
06-14-2005, 03:18 AM
...I was thinking about the Kyosho company developing an ENTIRELY NEW HALFEIGHT based on the 1/8 Evolva wit a Lola body shell... If not, Bit, YOU lead and I follow :D ... I'm new to this RC world you know... and I don't have that kind of fundings :)

TNB
06-14-2005, 03:31 AM
...road tires, lose the wing and change the body...THAT would be a fun project...You lead and i will follow ;) Means that you do all the work and i just look at the piccies :D
One reason I didn't purchase one of those so-called newer RTR trucks was because I wanted a 4WD buggy. To me converting a buggy to a truggy is one thing, but into a car? :rolleyes: After all, I already have the Xray M18 kit with the CM2080 and a 3-cell lipo. Plenty fast.

Crunch
06-14-2005, 04:14 AM
A mini version of the Evolva or Phantom would ROCK!!! Kyosho needs to join in and play with the M18, HPI Micro, the new NRX-18 and other small scale onroad cars.

I have in my mind a tiny car with wide rear foams, low CG and the latest layout carried over from the 1/8 scale on-roads.

Kyosho...are you reading this?!?!?! :D

BitHed
06-14-2005, 04:17 AM
...THE NRX-18 will be distributed by KYOSHO ;)

Crunch
06-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Ya...I was going to write that too....but I wasn't 100% sure.

The NRX-18 is actually made in China by Nanda Racing, I'm trying to score a visit to their factory just for kicks. :p

BitHed
06-14-2005, 04:55 AM
..yeah but NANDA is Japanese isnt it..i mean MR. read MISTER, designed it from the bum up didnt he...I thought that was what all the fuss was about...

Crunch
06-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Noooooooooo...Nanda is a local China operation specializing in nitro buggies and trucks.

You're right about the designer, is the man Mr. Hirosaka (Masami's dad) himself.

The production of this car is just outsourced to Nanda from what I've read on Nanda's site and Hirosaka's site.

Nanda Racing:
www.nandaracing.com

:)

BitHed
06-14-2005, 06:32 AM
...SideNote: NANDA in english, when translated from Japanese, is the WT in that famous utterance WTF!! lol...Pretty close anyway...

Crunch
06-14-2005, 06:44 AM
Nan-Da-Yo...... :D

BitHed
06-14-2005, 06:48 AM
....yeah but say it as low and as rising and falling as you can...and narrow the space between your eyebrows...drop your chin, cock your head and pull your neck ino your shoulders...hands in your pockets, elbows out and slighlty bow your legs...Original Gangsta :D Yakuza flavour...

Crunch
06-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Hahaha...Alright gangsta Bit.....

Back to topic.....since Kyosho is gonna be the dist. in Japan for the NRX-18, things should be looking good with aftermarket and option parts.

From what I've read, 2 versions should be available. A base version with plastic everything and a race version with CF everything.

BitHed
06-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Thats correct...

...I am unsure how involved KYOSHO will be with the R&D and subsequent production of parts for the NRX...If production is being handled by NANDA then they may be not involved? I mean its not like they have really been on the ball with their OWN platform, that little broom broom called the H8 or whatever it is ;)

halfEIGHT
06-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Just for fun... wouldn't it be nice if Kyosho developed a halfeight version of their 1/8 scale Evolva or Phantom?... A small on road car that goes FAST! :D

I wouldn't rule it out - I mean they did add the "halfEIGHT" series prefix to the Mini Inferno name, implying that there could be a whole lineup of them! That said, my Mini Inferno w/ Mamba and stock tires was keeping up w/ 19T 1/10th scale TCs the other day! :D

akura2
06-14-2005, 08:01 PM
I think the HalfEight version of the 1/8 scale on-road cars would probably be like a small 1/12 scale pan car with a fully articulated lay down suspension, front one-way, wide foam tires.... sounds interesting.... to say the least.. I'll have to call me buddy at Kyosho

Icey.Apple
06-19-2005, 01:45 PM

THAT would be so cool, with a little lola body on top of it... i'm starting to drool of the thought alone :rolleyes: