PDA

View Full Version : Newbie E-clip question

holy_inferno
06-13-2005, 03:27 AM
This question is very newbie, but how do you remove those little E-clips without damaging them or any other part of the car?...

Advanced thanks :)

Crunch
06-13-2005, 03:33 AM
I use a tiny flat head screwdriver to pick them out. Use one hand to cover the area so it flies out onto your hand and not the air.

I'm sure there're better ways to do this, but this is the method I use. Also, stock up on these damn clips incase you lose them, they are a pain to find when they fly off.

:(

.5x8
06-13-2005, 03:40 AM
they are a pain to find when they fly off.

unless u have good hearing! lol

yeh like crunch said...stock up...get a little case and buy a bunch of em and stick em in there!

i also use the prying out method, what i do is stick the flat head into one of the little spaces in the E-clip, spin it towards the desk ( i have a towel layed out so it doesnt bounce around) cover it with my had just in case it flies up somehow...and BAM it comes out...putting them on is alot easier...just stick it on the little gap on the pin. then take some pliers...needle knose is preferred..trust me..it works alot better..then...you just press and it snaps in :D

holy_inferno
06-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Aight, so it seems that prying it out is the method to go... had to take out the front shock tower after breaking it on my 2nd outdoor run :( ... waiting for the hE.com shop to restock the 3racing ones, great service this shop :)

Thanks for the fast replies :)

halfEIGHT
06-13-2005, 08:46 PM
More are coming! :)