PDA

View Full Version : Bite me.

ruf4play
03-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Hopped over from the MZR forum. I always love the buzz around a new chassis and the inventive modifications that come about.

I'm 28. "No women, no kids. That's the rules." Played with these silly things for about 10 years. Been the newbie totally intimdated at a premier track, to the know-it-all shop/track owner. I've hosted big races, gotten spanked by national and world champions, wrenched with car designers and burned out like a lot of us do with competitive racing. Sold my track and hobby shop much to my patrons' chagrin (as well as my own). It was a great place to hang out and someday I'd like to do it all again right with more money, better planning and organization etc. Hence why I'm going to business school. I figure that I've owned two businesses in the past now, I might as well learn how to run them... :p

An electrical engineer by trade (though transitioning over towards the business side), I like to tinker with the electronics on these things. Also have extensive meche training so I fab parts up from time to time. I got one of the first Mini-Z's around when everyone thought they were stupid little toys, and since forgot about them while I was racing larger scales. Ironic that Mini-Z is what has brought me back to R/C. Turns out that it's the most competitive form of electric onroad racing left around here. When I'm not fooling around with Mini-Zs, I ride motorcycle track days and wrench on my drift car. Yes drifting is poserish, but I built a car a couple of years ago and just got attached to it. Slowly giving all of that up due to budget. I love small scale R/C because it's just so inexpensive. Can't wait to see what unravels with the Half-8!

RURC
03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
OK You and I will have some great times. We will talk electron flow, weather lightning goes up or down, the skin effect of copper and its efficts on current stability, then well really have fun on electron theory. Hell well just create the science wing of this place. I really love the array of people that have come here in just the few days it has been up. Bikers, engineers,and racers Oh my.

ruf4play
03-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Electrons flow from negative to positive (holes go in the "direction" of current). Lightning goes up (same as last topic). Depending on the signal frequency, uncoated copper will conduct better than most other materials. This is also why multistrand wire tends to conduct higher frequencies better (hence more "air" when using multistrand cable in audio systems).

RURC
03-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Somehow I knew that you would subscribe to the hole theory. I have seen the lightning tests the seem to prove it goes both ways.

This is gonna be better than the mensa site

ruf4play
03-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Cuz that's what I was taught. Seems like ages ago. Maybe new theories now.

BitHed
03-16-2005, 10:51 PM
...hey...and English teachers too :) Boys i will leave you to run the 'Mad Science Department'...KYOSHO might MAKE the MinFerno but we will make it BeTTER :D

halfEIGHT
03-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Welcome ruf, good to see you over here! :)

ruf4play
03-17-2005, 06:07 AM
RURC - must have larger version of your avatar. Email me. :p