PDA

View Full Version : 18t or Half 8?

Ice
06-11-2005, 09:59 PM
So i know this is kinda a savage t-maxx question, but in your opinion what is better the half 8 or the 18t and why?

Thanks,

-Ice

akura2
06-11-2005, 10:46 PM
well they are two totally different beasts... the 18T is 18th scale and the Mini-Inferno is larger at 1/16 scale.... buggy versus stadium truck....etc.

I drove the 18T and I like it... but I like the more substantial size of the Mini-Inferno... I think it would handle 1/10 scale obstacles better than the 18T while still being small enough to run around a large house, backyard/driveway...

And I like the fact that the the H8 is just like the 1/8 scale buggy but smaller... so all the adjustments are identical.... meaning that the H8 is fully race adjustable out of the box... and you onle really need batteries, bearings, shocks and motor to be semi competitive.

mOOsE
06-12-2005, 12:15 AM
not trying to bash or anything but isn't that like asking if chevy is better on a ford-only forum? If your hobbyshop has both, definately check them both out. Akura is right though, they are totally different from each other and have their plus&minuses. I have had both and I enjoy the half8 alot more. With the 8, I came to appreciate the gear cover and adjustability that it offers as standard RTR parts. While the 18t is faster BOX-STOCK, it feels more like a mini-t with a bumpy ride on any terrain.

JuJuB
06-12-2005, 12:46 AM
not trying to bash or anything but isn't that like asking if chevy is better on a ford-only forum? If your hobbyshop has both, definately check them both out. Akura is right though, they are totally different from each other and have their plus&minuses. I have had both and I enjoy the half8 alot more. With the 8, I came to appreciate the gear cover and adjustability that it offers as standard RTR parts. While the 18t is faster BOX-STOCK, it feels more like a mini-t with a bumpy ride on any terrain.

If ur having such a hard seeing wich one is better, just get BOTH. :cool:
But if u get both, u also can't play favorites, so it'll still b a hard decision. :D

mOOsE
06-12-2005, 06:06 AM
I have had both, I don't get what you mean...

Crunch
06-12-2005, 06:26 AM
Yes, you're right...it's sorta like the T-Max:Savage question. It all comes down to personal preference. I too, have both and perfer the H8 hands down. This is not to say the H8 is better, just suits me more interms of my driving style and what I drive it at and for.

The RC18T CAN be faster then the H8 with similar motor and hop ups, but the car is so light that controlling will an issue. The H8 on the other hand is slower, but the car is so well balanced that it drives like a larger 1:8 nitro buggy.

But like said above, you're asking in a H8 forum, so the answer is "Half-Eight"!!

Just my .02 cents. :p

adrenalinrush123998
06-13-2005, 02:05 AM
definately, halfeight
although it might not be as fast and doesnt come with oil shox or anything "frilly" like that, it reallly is a better race platform, and hopping it up is reallyalot of fun...today i recieved my new parts for mine (look at my sig..everything except the h-8 and bearings are new) and it runs a ton better than before.... and i had fun taking it apart, learning about the car, dropping e-clips 12 times (got to use my metal-detector) and then re-assemling it and running iit around okay...im usellessly rambling one...whta=ata am i sayaing?

just get the halfeight, its a very unique car and shure to turn some heads at the track...a great performer too...

(what DID i ramble on about?)

.5x8
06-13-2005, 10:22 PM
h8! i love this little thing..even though it needs work...the rc18t also needs work too...like everyone said..they both so different! i mean..i have seen the buggy conversions...but i have grown on this thing =]

BitHed
06-13-2005, 11:55 PM
..rc18T and H8? H8 hands down...what you DONT get with the 18T you get with the H8 and vice versa...You wanna be full get a super-size big mac set...you wanna eat on the run grab a happy meal and give the toy to your favourite child...Match the item to your needs and wants...I have both and I like both but the H8 wins easy...

TNB
06-14-2005, 12:10 AM
The RC18T CAN be faster then the H8 with similar motor and hop ups, but the car is so light that controlling will an issue. The H8 on the other hand is slower, but the car is so well balanced that it drives like a larger 1:8 nitro buggy.
Then perhaps the comparison should be between an RC18T and an A-Tech 1/18th scale buggy. Myself, I liked the A-Tech buggy so much I purchased another Kyosho Mini-Inferno though the A-Tech could probably be made into a rocket since it is smaller than the larger 1/16th scale Kyosho Mini-Inferno. The A-Tech just didn't seem as durable to me, so I purchased a second MI. ;)

Ice
06-14-2005, 02:33 AM
where can i buy the atech?

TNB
06-14-2005, 03:27 AM
eHobbies was selling them at RCX 2005, so try their website.

halfEIGHT
06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
We're working on getting them! ;) :)

Hawk
06-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Then perhaps the comparison should be between an RC18T and an A-Tech 1/18th scale buggy. Myself, I liked the A-Tech buggy so much I purchased another Kyosho Mini-Inferno though the A-Tech could probably be made into a rocket since it is smaller than the larger 1/16th scale Kyosho Mini-Inferno. The A-Tech just didn't seem as durable to me, so I purchased a second MI. ;)

I gotta say, I saw A-Tech buggy at RCX and was also struck with how much less rugged it looked. Maybe it was the drop to 1/18 or something. With the 1/8 buggy being scaled down, the H8 seems more rugged than it needs to be at 1/16. The potential to make it run reliably at speeds way out of proportion makes it just that much more inviting. :cool:

akura2
06-14-2005, 07:54 PM
I saw the A-tech at RCX too and I wasn't impressed.... it was 18T sized with these tiny little wheels and tires.... like MicroRS4 weels with pin-spikes.... and the suspension was far worse than the stock H8

mOOsE
06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
I saw pics of the A-Tech buggy on ehobbies and it looks like crap. It hardly resembles anything remotely capable of going offroad.

TNB
06-14-2005, 09:32 PM
I gotta say, I saw A-Tech buggy at RCX and was also struck with how much less rugged it looked. Maybe it was the drop to 1/18 or something. With the 1/8 buggy being scaled down, the H8 seems more rugged than it needs to be at 1/16. The potential to make it run reliably at speeds way out of proportion makes it just that much more inviting. :cool:
After running my brushless Kyosho Mini-Inferno at one of the "other" local 1/8th scale tracks this past weekend, some of the people were in awe and one mentioned that he was going to purchase a Mini-Inferno. I just wish I could have caught the double-double and the triple better. Then again, the MI was making them and some of the other larger scales weren't. Quite frankly, I am guessing the lower profile A-Tech couldn't have handled the 1/8th scale track because of an even lower clearance.

I saw the A-tech at RCX too and I wasn't impressed.... it was 18T sized with these tiny little wheels and tires.... like MicroRS4 weels with pin-spikes.... and the suspension was far worse than the stock H8
When I first spotted those "tiny little wheels and tires", I thought--replacements? Of course, I've already experienced the transmitter with the Venom Mini Giant.

My RCX 2005 photo.
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album680/RCX05_1_42.jpg

.5x8
06-15-2005, 02:46 AM
lol....when i first saw it a while ago....quite a bit LONG ago...as soon as i looked at it...i said "its crap" lol....its one of those things where you just KNOW its crap..

BitHed
06-15-2005, 02:52 AM
... :rolleyes: It CANT be crap!! It has 'EXCITING' written right there on the box !! :p

.5x8
06-15-2005, 02:54 AM
LMAO!!! hahahahah yeh lets all buy one!!!! LMAO!! NOT

adrenalinrush123998
06-15-2005, 10:52 PM
it looks more like a street buggy to me....if that is even possible

akura2
06-15-2005, 11:33 PM
... :rolleyes: It CANT be crap!! It has 'EXCITING' written right there on the box !! :p

And it has "Extreme" in its name

BitHed
06-15-2005, 11:46 PM
...there ya go you see...Its 'extremely Exciting'...gee...sounds just like my life :D

mOOsE
06-15-2005, 11:57 PM
no, its extremely exciting crap. thats like when you swallow a quarter right?

.5x8
06-16-2005, 12:53 AM
LMAO! haha! nice one moose