PDA

View Full Version : Proline Body at Towerhobbies (due Mid-June)

akura2
06-11-2005, 12:35 AM
at $13.99 it just a little more than half the price of the Mini-Inferno body

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKSA6&P=7

acsubie
06-11-2005, 01:34 AM
cant wait, that shell will def.be the piece to complete my H8, WHome(my personal painter ;) ) is very anxious to start :D

mOOsE
06-11-2005, 03:38 AM
I put mine on backorder at my LHS two weeks ago. It should be in soon

.5x8
06-11-2005, 01:38 PM
i might consider one when i need a clear body....it looks like it has a bigger nose in the front...i chopped off mine off the stock body because it was SO ANNOYING putting it on/ taking it off....the nose would tangle between the shocks...and you would have to wiggle the thing atleast 10 times to get it out...so how much bigger is the nose? or is it just me...because it looks bigger in teh picture.

OTHER THAN THAT! the body looks SLEEK! hehehe a nice touch of gloss gunmetal paint and if i have money..ill buy a sheet of carbon fibre sticker...muhahahha gunmetal with cf flames..yummm...just like moose's inferno! lol

hkopium
06-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Ah, Gun Metal color... like this?

hkopium
06-11-2005, 07:10 PM
My 3rd H8 shell...

Black, Purple and Gun Metal are all my favorite colors. :D

I am still waiting for my Pro-line shell from Tower...

WhoMe
06-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Cutting off the nose makes it look bad...thats just my opinion. Its just about mid June..how many bets that it doesnt come out till July??

mOOsE
06-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Proline is pretty good about releasing its products on-time. They are a HUGE company so production numbers aren't usually an issue. I bet it will be here.

half8 abuser
06-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Is it going to have the damn hole in the top of the body. I hope not. The one in the pic has one.

hkopium
06-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Is it going to have the damn hole in the top of the body. I hope not. The one in the pic has one.

You can buy a sharp razor to cut a hole by yourself, you lazy bone. :D hehehe

.5x8
06-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Ah, Gun Metal color... like this?

yeh LIKE THAT! but throughout the WHOLE BODY and maybe i can fit in some carbon fibre stickers for flames :p (lol moose did tat with his stock body and it looks tight! ) and those 10 spoke rims they are going to have coming out...O YEH! i want those gunmetal too.....and when i break shock towers....im probably gonna get either carbon fibre--ssg-- or the aluminum gunmetal ones :D IM CRAZEE BOUT GUNMETAL! :D i think it looks so fRIckeN AwSomE! :D

akura2
06-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Here's some Gunmetal Bling just for you....

WhoMe
06-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Now its on-order..what happened to Mid June? lol Still taking bets?

akura2
06-16-2005, 03:57 PM
I got a letter from Proline customer service, and she said that the bodies should be at our local hobby shops as we speak... but I haven't seen anything... and you'd think Tower would have them first

**edit:.. I just thought of something.... I think what happened was.. the ones they got in were already spoken for through pre-orders, so they came in and now they are out of stock and on order***

Which is good news if you are on that initial list... like I hope I am

mOOsE
06-16-2005, 05:41 PM
me too! hopefully

WhoMe
06-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Re-listed "Late June".

akura2
06-17-2005, 02:09 AM
oh....damn damn damn damn damn...

I'm still hoping that it's because the first shipment came and went and that's when the next shipment is due... and mine is in the first batch...

halfEIGHT
06-18-2005, 01:50 AM
We've got them coming too; PL said that they had just arrived at their offices, so, s/b here soon! :)

akura2
06-18-2005, 02:47 AM
well I'm waiting patiently... (theme from Jeopardy playing in the background)

the good thing about backordering is that I'll get mine before Tower even shows them on the site... I got a fuselage for one of mt Helis like that....

richh
06-18-2005, 03:23 AM
"in stock, limited quantities" @ tower. :)

proline crowd pleazer (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKSA6&P=7)

WhoMe
06-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Lost that bet...happy ordering!

maxxenitout
06-18-2005, 04:28 AM
@%$@#!! Had to show up when i'm low on cash... :) Oh well i'll get it next round.

akura2
06-18-2005, 04:32 PM
I'll check my email when I get to work... to see if they sent me a "your parts are in and have shipped out" email

I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope

BitHed
06-21-2005, 01:32 PM
...yup TWO in my LHS here in Tokyo Japan, THE most expensive city in the world according to independant sources...BTW i would ship these anywhere in the world for 21 bucks...Thats not Tokoy prices thats for sure ;)

maxxenitout
06-23-2005, 08:38 AM
BTW i would ship these anywhere in the world for 21 bucks...Thats not Tokoy prices thats for sure
Bit, my friend since I can't seem to find these anywhere locally. And I have had issues with tower in the past. So if the offer is still open I will take you up on it. Let me know...

maxxenitout
06-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Just picked up 2 off of ebay... :cool: I guess this means i'm moving on. :o

akura2
06-29-2005, 07:31 PM
I just got mine from Tower last night... still lost as to what I should paint... everyone does flames...(Yawn)... I might do the 5Zigen race theme... dono.. I've painted so many bodies that it's hard to find inspiration... I'm probably going to race it so I'm not sure if I should go really elaborate... and if I do... I STILL have to come up with a scheme that won't take away from the beautiful lines of this body (they are really nice).... been working too much and my creative bone is dry right now

mOOsE
06-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I just got mine from Tower last night... still lost as to what I should paint... everyone does flames...(Yawn)... I might do the 5Zigen race theme... dono.. I've painted so many bodies that it's hard to find inspiration... I'm probably going to race it so I'm not sure if I should go really elaborate... and if I do... I STILL have to come up with a scheme that won't take away from the beautiful lines of this body (they are really nice).... been working too much and my creative bone is dry right now
go with black, silver, gunmetal, with some sort of carbon fiber design. Then buy bronze or black wheels and pain the wind black ;)

JuJuB
06-29-2005, 11:53 PM
I think that wood sorta look cool!!

akura2
06-30-2005, 12:25 AM
that would look ok... someone else already did the dark colors though... I think is was WhoMe..

but if I do that I have to get THESE wheels....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/BEE18C/shizuoka_2005_1_yokomo.jpg

.5x8
06-30-2005, 02:02 AM
sweet.....dude...lol give u some paint color ideas..i say black..gunmetal..and carbon fibre style....i know u can work up something..i have seen ur drift bodies on drc! i say paint the body gunmetal.....then paint some black flames on there..and then go to Super AutoBacks and grab some CF VINYL(i saw it..didnt really check price..but i think its like a pretty big sheet for like $2.39) so you can cut out some flames identical to the black flames u painted on the body but make it kinda smaller and stick on the flames....so it is like a black outline....

it might look better if you paint the body black...paint the flame outline as gunmetal and use the cf for flames..lol up to u..i think it would look wicked..and then take some nice rims and paint/dye em gunmetal and black...(2 black and 2 gunmetal) and make like stick the wheels on as like gunmetal wheel on the front..and black on the back and then the other side black front gunmetal black..u get what i mean?

im pretty much loaded on money right now but i wanna save 100 bucks so i can actually useit to go to the track....im not that kind of kid (im 14..) that spends the money on the body...lol if i buy a proline body.....its gonna be pure gunmetal color all sparkly and with some cf flames...but i know u guys like custom body like stuff..so im just suggesting!

holy_inferno
07-01-2005, 01:27 AM
im pretty much loaded on money right now but i wanna save 100 bucks so i can actually useit to go to the track....im not that kind of kid (im 14..) that spends the money on the body...lol if i buy a proline body.....its gonna be pure gunmetal color all sparkly and with some cf flames...but i know u guys like custom body like stuff..so im just suggesting!

...Loaded, eh?.. then donate a fellow 14 year old some money so thou can purchase a decent radio system... :D

adrenalinrush123998
07-01-2005, 02:39 AM
or why not give it to a 12yr old in stead?

JuJuB
07-01-2005, 02:54 AM
sweet.....dude...lol give u some paint color ideas..i say black..gunmetal..and carbon fibre style....i know u can work up something..i have seen ur drift bodies on drc! i say paint the body gunmetal.....then paint some black flames on there..and then go to Super AutoBacks and grab some CF VINYL(i saw it..didnt really check price..but i think its like a pretty big sheet for like $2.39) so you can cut out some flames identical to the black flames u painted on the body but make it kinda smaller and stick on the flames....so it is like a black outline....

it might look better if you paint the body black...paint the flame outline as gunmetal and use the cf for flames..lol up to u..i think it would look wicked..and then take some nice rims and paint/dye em gunmetal and black...(2 black and 2 gunmetal) and make like stick the wheels on as like gunmetal wheel on the front..and black on the back and then the other side black front gunmetal black..u get what i mean?

Luky as, :p I'm only gettin $18 a week cuttin lawns (I'm 12) and its HARD gettin money for this way expensive hobby.........

.......(just thought u should know)

.5x8
07-01-2005, 03:49 AM
LOL MINE! hahahaha dude, im using a AM radio, (Blazer) so stop complaining..lol

JuJuB
07-01-2005, 03:13 PM
mmmm.....ok

.5x8
07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
and btw...lolz...i dont get any money...=] its good to be a asian..LMAO =] i always have chinese new year to look forward too!

maxxenitout
07-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Just recieved my bodies... Like the lower profile look but hate the fact that it has the indention for the fake cooling head. Hope a good paint job hides it.

akura2
07-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Just recieved my bodies... Like the lower profile look but hate the fact that it has the indention for the fake cooling head. Hope a good paint job hides it.

paint should hide it pretty good... depending on the colors...and decals

BitHed
07-01-2005, 11:00 PM
...i thought that too when i saw it..the 'scoring' lines on it are pretty deep...but as akura says the decals / paintjob should keep it covered up..

akura2
07-01-2005, 11:25 PM
...i thought that too when i saw it..the 'scoring' lines on it are pretty deep...but as akura says the decals / paintjob should keep it covered up..

I haven't taken mine out of the plastic yet to see how deep they are but I've done some serious cover-up work before that came out pretty good

.5x8
07-02-2005, 10:13 PM
i wouldnt see why it wouldnt cover it up, so, anyone with results yet?

akura2
07-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Painting mine on Monday... most likely

akura2
07-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Well monday came and went.... and so did Tuesday... I'll get to it eventually.... damn job

BitHed
07-06-2005, 04:11 AM
...Akky i know what you mean mate...I once though i should stop procrastinating but i kept putting it off ;)

Inferno454
07-08-2005, 05:21 AM
There at tower now for 14 bucks, cheaper than i expected. i thought like 20. dang im new to this "Mini" stuff, I must be breathin 2 much nitro.

Bad Company
07-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, but I think I'm gonna send mine back off to have it professionaly custom painted. I may just paint my clear Kyosho body a solid color for bashing around in.

.5x8
07-08-2005, 11:17 PM
nice....if i get a new body...it smost likely to be painted a solid color..with cf flames cut out of vinyl x]

halfEIGHT
07-10-2005, 03:41 PM
There at tower now for 14 bucks, cheaper than i expected. i thought like 20. dang im new to this "Mini" stuff, I must be breathin 2 much nitro.

$13.99 in the halfEIGHT.com Shop:

http://halfeight.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=12

:)

maxxenitout
07-10-2005, 03:46 PM
halfEight, Looks like you have been busy stocking up the store. Very nice and great prices!!

halfEIGHT
07-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Yep, thanks, and thanks! Be sure to post anything else that you'd like to see us stock. Atomic and GPM s/b in soon too! :)