PDA

View Full Version : Before I go to the Track...

NitroSpazzz
06-07-2005, 03:44 AM
Ok tomorrow night I get to take my half8 to a monster truck/buggy track. I will be racig 18t's. I wet to the LHS today and it turns out he doesn't have any thick grease, in fact he has nothin for grease. Would I be able to use some sort of grease that I could pick up from fleet farm or wal-mart? He had some nasty thick brown grease in a tube that he uses on his 1/8 buggys. Then once I get it I just take out the front and rear diff and get some grease on the gears? Thick stuff front and mid with medium in the rear right?

Look forward to taking it on the track :)

.5x8
06-07-2005, 04:34 AM
you can use silicone grease =] thats what im using...its like losi grease kinda. i think you can get it at walmart....maybe..not sure..it works great..its nice and sticky..but not really thick so the rear end would be stable :D

NitroSpazzz
06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Sounds good I'll give that a try for now. I think the place I am racing at might have some grease stuff so might try a last minute diff grease

Mazda787b
06-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Farm fleet as in Quality Farm & Fleet? I thought they were out of business?

NitroSpazzz
06-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Not quality farm & Fleet here just fleet farm or farm & fleet. Its going strong as far as I know. Went and looked around, nothing that looked right. So I found a ton of stuff out in the garage and workshop. Have some medium (i think) on the back and this really sticky, stringy, stinky, nasty grease on the front and mid. hopefully I will get to test it at the track tonight if the dang rain holds out.

Mazda787b
06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Ok, yeah just wondering. It's not the Quality Farm & Fleet, I checked and they're bankrupt.

.5x8
06-07-2005, 11:14 PM
make sure not to use TOO sticky or THICK stuff...get some Losi Diff Grease, that works =] or shock oil...if shockoil...i recommend some heavy and thick oil

CableMan
06-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I am using that black thick stinky stuff too in all three differentials. I got some at the auto parts store, it is called bearing grease and is for an automobile's wheel bearings. I have read somewhere that grease and oil softens plastic, so hopefully I don't have a melt down in my differentials. The differentials on my 1/8 scale buggies are metal, so the black stuff is fine for them.

My Kyosho TR15 came with a type of petroleum jelly looking stuff for grease. (Says Kyosho Hobby Grease on the tube.) So, for the ball joints and bushings, I am using a generic petroleum jelly. I think you can purchase the Kyosho Hobby Grease from a LHS. I am surprised that the Half-8 did not come with some.

Petroleum Jelly is supposed to be safe for plastic. It is also safe for you, since it is what doctor's recommend on boys' circumsions.. hehe.

Although... too much lube can make you go blind!! HAHA!

halfEIGHT
06-08-2005, 06:21 PM
FYI we have the Kyosho Hobby Grease at the MZR Shop:

http://mini-zracer.com/shop/productresults.php?Keyword=grease

We can add it to hE too if you like! :)