PDA

View Full Version : Finally going to order.

BLACKHAWK444
06-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Yep. I am going to order my Half 8 from the store tonight. Its a B-day gift. I am also ordering, 3 racing shocks, 3 racing aluminum rear hubs, 3 racing front shock tower, kyosho ball bearings, kyosho black fake heatsink. All the 3 racing parts are gun metal :cool: . So far I have heard that I MUST grease the diffs. Also that the rear hubs break. Hopefully the 3 racing hubs will fix this. I plan on upgrading to GP1100's from united rc. Also I will probably use a K4 as a motor. I will definitly take some pics and write my first impressions once I get it. Thanks.

.5x8
06-06-2005, 12:32 AM
instead of using a k4 motor...just use a speed 400 rocket motor...or a x-speed..i heard that the k4 isnt that fast...

halfEIGHT
06-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Congrats BLACKHAWK444, looking forward to pics! :)

BLACKHAWK444
06-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks. I actually just ordered it today :o , lol. About the K4 I think it is a good motor. Plus I can get it for free :) .

.5x8
06-09-2005, 12:28 AM
oo then go for it!

BitHed
06-09-2005, 12:54 AM
...in Japan we have an expression...There is nothing more expensive than something free...I recommend the XSpeed...

BLACKHAWK444
06-09-2005, 12:57 AM
So you do not like it Bit?

BitHed
06-09-2005, 01:03 AM
...The XSpeed is better IN the H8 than the K4...and when i say this im not saying its a BAD motor...not by any stretch of the imagination...its just not very suited to the H8 thats all...There are BETTER, more suited choices...

...its a shame that users put the K4 in the H8, NOT get what they want and then bad-mouth the motor...Its NOT the motor...Its the way the platform REACTS to the motor...You wouldnt try and run an Olympic 100m in gumboots you know...Gotta wear the right shoes ;)

BLACKHAWK444
06-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Ok, I will cancel it then. Is there a better motor than a Xspeed?

BitHed
06-09-2005, 01:10 AM
...brushed? Apparently the 400 something is quite good...Look for it on the boards here somewhere...

...But by ALL MEANS...Go with United RC battery packs...

BLACKHAWK444
06-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Well I am just going to get an Xspeed. Thanks.

BLACKHAWK444
06-09-2005, 01:54 PM
I also ordered the 3 racing swing shafts because my dad messed up on the ordering and I got a 50$ GC after my first order, lol.

BLACKHAWK444
06-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I got it today!!!! I love this thing. Already installed all the upgrades. The one thing that I do not like are the E-clips!!! :mad: They are extremely hard to get off. Otherwise the whole thing is very nice. I will put some pics up tonight. Also how do you guys put the antenna wire though the tube? Thanks.

JuJuB
06-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Is there some motors out there that are better than the X-speed, but aren't brushless??? (like the Mini Max, and something)

BitHed
06-13-2005, 01:08 AM
The one thing that I do not like are the E-clips!!! :mad: Also how do you guys put the antenna wire though the tube? Thanks.

...all pretty easy stuff...Grab a pair of quite hard tipped NEEDLE nosed tweezers...move the e-ring around and then pull it DOWN with the tweezers...have a towel or your pit t-shirt for you to pull into and to catch the ring...I HIGHLY recommend having a load of spares in your pit box...These suckers bounce and fly and will never be seen or heard from again...BTW you CAN run in the REAR with only one until you get a spare...

...The antenna is tricky...i like to roll the tube bewteen my hands and heat it up...Think Miyagi-San from Karate Kid :D When its being a REAL bitch the TINIEST bit of shock oil on the antenna seems to work good...I also blow into the tube...Little bit of dribble never hurt anyone ;)

CableMan
06-13-2005, 04:46 PM
As for the antenna, shock oil did the trick for me.

BLACKHAWK444
06-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks bit and cable. I found a very good way to do it. Put the antenna tube and the table. Then just push the wire strait into it. It was way easier than holding it in my hands, just make sure they are both flat on the table.

OneTimeCRX
06-13-2005, 06:32 PM
If you have a needle and some thread, you can route the wire through the tube literally in seconds. First, thread the needle with a long piece of string. Next, pierce the needle through the end of the wire and pull the string all the way through (but make sure that the string stays attached to the wire). Then drop the needle into the tube, and let gravity carry it all the way through. Once the needle is through to the other side, pull the string and it'll pull the wire all the way through.

The hardest part is threading the needle with string. Otherwise, the rest of it takes maybe 5 seconds!

akura2
06-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I usually just blow in the tube to moisten it up with humidity...and make sure the antenna is as straight as possible with no kinks... then feed it through... I like the needle and thread idea... but i can see me now... putting the needle through the wire...then pulling it halfway through the tube...then having the thread pull off of the antenna.. leaving me with an antenna stuck halfway in the tube with frayed insulation.. making it impossible to push the rest of the way through....

No thanks...:D

oh.. and shock oil works great too

OneTimeCRX
06-14-2005, 07:18 AM
At the end of the wire there is a small area that's only insulation (no actual wire on the inside). That's where I put the needle through, and it doesn't damage anything. Also, I tie a small knot at the end of the thread so that the wire can't fall off.

After trying many different methods for like 10 minutes, I came up with the needle idea. Works like a charm!

.5x8
06-14-2005, 02:41 PM
for the antenna...waht i did was straighten out the antenna by running it through my fingers a few times....so its straight..then just start sticking it through..if it gets stuck a bit...spin the plastic tube with ur fingers....and it should unloosen...try to get as far as you can without spinning...its a lot easier that way...just dont push hard...gently push the wire through