PDA

View Full Version : Question/Thoughts about the Mini

NitroSpazzz
06-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Not sure if this is the right area so hopefully no one gets too mad at me.

I am wondering a few things. First what is the biggest powerplant strapped into one of these little buggys? Also how are the transmissions holding up for those of you running high power brushless systems. I have a few ideas of high power systems that I would like to play with in this thing but am wondering if I should wait for full metal transmissions to be realeased.

Also What holds the center/main chassis to the front and read bulkheads/drive stuff? I am thinking of (if its easy enough) having multiple chassis with different motors/batterys/esc/servo depending on what I want to do. For example I had a .21 2 stroke and a .70 4 stroke chassis for my t-maxx. I think for the t-maxx it was about 10 or so screws that had to be yanked out then it was easy.

Thanks for any info you guys come up with.

TNB
06-03-2005, 09:22 PM
For example I had a .21 2 stroke and a .70 4 stroke chassis for my t-maxx.
Are you a member of RCU? White T-Maxx? I'm running a brushless set up in one of my Kyosho Mini-Infernos and the diff gears are holding up fine.

NitroSpazzz
06-03-2005, 09:49 PM
No have not been on RCU in ages. In fact haven't done anything rc that spends a majority of the time on the ground for a year or two. Hung onto the Maxx though, hopefully I will have some time to play with it this summer.

I was thinking of picking up a spare chassis to tinker with nitro. I was thinking a .12 or something would move it around just fine. Little fuel tank, hs-81 steering, hs-50 or 55 on throttle. Somehow make a lil disc brake (might have to make a hole in chassis) so it can stop on a dime. The goal would to be keep everything light and well balanced. Should be fun

.5x8
06-03-2005, 09:58 PM
not to jack your thread but now many teeth are on the stock spur?

Hawk
06-03-2005, 11:13 PM
stock large gear (meshes with motor pinion) 32 teeth
stock small gear (meshes with ctr diff spur ) 24 teeth

This is the same as the alum gears offered by Atomic.

:cool:

.5x8
06-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Where Can I Get Bigger Ones?!?!?

.5x8
06-04-2005, 05:01 AM
to answer ur questions nitro...

umm so far..i heard CAW is working on a 540 conversion chassis, the tranny holds up well, but you need to lube it nice nd good, so as long as you have em nice and lubed and greased up, there shouldnt be a problem. umm dont really understand the last question...im tired..cant read straight..lol so try to say it so i can understand, thanks :cool: