PDA

View Full Version : motors?

mini-z racing
03-16-2005, 03:48 AM
Is there Any company's that will have aftermarket motors out , or has any one annonced it?

BitHed
03-16-2005, 03:54 AM
...PN Racing has 'mentioned' they will do one...Other than that we have to suck and see it they work...sorry...thats a kiwi phrase :)

Mazda787b
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
I know the big K will have one, I am working on one as well. If it is anything like the last batch of 370s I built for the guys at the 1/18 nats, it should be killer.

halfEIGHT
03-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Kyosho indicates a hop-up motor that will take the hE from 21 to 35kph top speed in the mini brochure.

BitHed
03-17-2005, 01:06 AM
...yes but they ALSO recommend to swap up to the better battery too...which we know ISNT going to be the kick-a$$ GP1100 set :)

...they also add that the change UP in speed is a result of the improved motor, battery AND shox :)

Mazda787b
03-17-2005, 09:45 PM
So what brand will their upgrade pack be? Do you think Panasonic or Sanyo has something in the works to steal the 1/18 market from GP?

BitHed
03-17-2005, 10:29 PM
...I think it will be a no-name out of Asia...Wont be Sanyo thats for sure...

...recently here Intellect is making some waves though some testing in Hong Kong by my man Crunch showed the GP's had more bang for the buck...

...SANYO MIGHT do something with 2/3A...no word yet...

acsubie
03-17-2005, 10:38 PM
...I think it will be a no-name out of Asia...Wont be Sanyo thats for sure...

...recently here Intellect is making some waves though some testing in Hong Kong by my man Crunch showed the GP's had more bang for the buck...

...SANYO MIGHT do something with 2/3A...no word yet...

yea i've seen those intellect cells and wondered how good they were, at 1.50 a cell, might make nice basher packs?? :confused:

BitHed
03-17-2005, 10:43 PM
...i can get you Intellect and GP and MATCHED GP from here...i would like to do some seperate cell packs if there is a demand...

BLACKHAWK444
03-18-2005, 06:12 PM
I would buy a 8 cell pack from here.....maybe 2 :)

BitHed
03-19-2005, 12:54 AM
...im not great at soldering cells...i actually enjoy doing Deans Ultras and i do a good job...Maybe i could try some 'bashing' cells and see what happens...Meanwhile i am SERIOUSLY hoping to get one of Mazda's motors ;)

BLACKHAWK444
03-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Oh, well I guess I will order from team helotes.....

BitHed
03-19-2005, 08:29 AM
...blackHawk thats your best bet mate...we cant help you yet...Get in with Helotes while they are still in their slow season...Once this heats up I can imagine they wil be busy again ;)

tunnelhead
03-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I want the new Kokman S2 Li Po pack for mine. will take three please. Li Pos whe way of the future. Lighter, more punch, anything else I left out. I am sure I did. 3:30 am where I am at. Little tired

tunnelhead
03-20-2005, 10:40 AM
I would like the new Kokman S2 Li Po pack for mine!!!!! 3 please

BLACKHAWK444
03-21-2005, 02:40 AM
I would go lipo, but after seeing a vid of one exploding I am all set with GP1100's :)

BitHed
03-21-2005, 11:56 PM
...I finally saw that video...pretty kewl :cool: it might be good to keep that video around as 'Reference Material' :eek:

jaejw1
03-24-2005, 09:58 PM
well since everyone is talking about the mamba fitting or not,, heating up or not,,, why not get the k4 motor from unitedrc.com it is ade for the quake which takes a 380 stock motor,,

or if someone can retune a speed 400 6v or 7v,, that would be perfect as well.... but i would still like to thing the mamba could fit,, if the pinion is small enough,, there shouldnt be a heat issue,, from what i gather,, it is almost like putting a mamba in an rc18t with monser wheels...

as far as comparison in size,, i have no clue how much bigger the miniI is over the 18t,, so dont flame me.. im just trying to unerstand all the fuss

quietfly
03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I would go lipo, but after seeing a vid of one exploding I am all set with GP1100's :)

Heh, nothing ventured nothing gained!!!!!!

Lipo all the way.

besides theres nothing like a mamba with 13.4 volts.

nothing!!!

-Chris

ruknd
03-25-2005, 08:47 PM
but for the fact lipo is not roarr or norrca legal so if youre racing it not going to fly...also if you're going to use Lipo the chassis is probably designed to fly flat through the air with a certain number of nicad cells so a lipo mod would be ok for bashing an showing of to chicks provided you added weights to level it off. remember chicks date guys with skills...bo hunting skills...numchuck skills...

aero528
03-27-2005, 03:54 PM
well, i have a Blind(www.blindbatts.com) pack and motor for my micro, and i knwo they perform well. i bet blind would make a cell configuration to fit this, ill have to ask him. i was hoping the rabid will fit, because it is a great motor. i guess ill just have to wait and see.

halfEIGHT
03-29-2005, 06:33 PM
remember chicks date guys with skills...bo hunting skills...numchuck skills...

LOL!

ruknd: What are you drawing?
halfEIGHT: A halfEIGHT.
ruknd: What's a halfEIGHT?
halfEIGHT: It's pretty much my favorite RC. It's like an Inferno and a Mini-Z mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

:D

quietfly
03-30-2005, 07:30 PM
but for the fact lipo is not roarr or norrca legal so if youre racing it not going to fly...also if you're going to use Lipo the chassis is probably designed to fly flat through the air with a certain number of nicad cells so a lipo mod would be ok for bashing an showing of to chicks provided you added weights to level it off. remember chicks date guys with skills...bo hunting skills...numchuck skills...

I can't imagine walking up to a woman and going "Hey would you like to check out my Half-Eight" without her exploding from laughter. Although I hear that works for Architects because they say everyting is to Scale.

LOL

-Chris

ruknd
03-30-2005, 07:37 PM
thought someone would pick up on the Napoleon Dynamite quote

adrenalinrush123998
04-01-2005, 01:29 AM
"i see your drinking 1% milk... is that cause you think your fat? cause your not....you could be drinking whole if wanted"
"one gang wanted me to join cause im pretty good with a bow-staff"
"cause my lips hurt real bad!"

i love that movie...i have a small army of pins (like the ones you put on your shirt) with various napolean dynamite sayings... they are the only things i can afford at hot-topic....

does anyone know if a mini-quake motor would be any faster than the stock motor? its a 380 so it should be a direct replacment....

RURC
04-01-2005, 02:33 AM
I can't imagine walking up to a woman and going "Hey would you like to check out my Half-Eight" without her exploding from laughter. Although I hear that works for Architects because they say everyting is to Scale.

LOL

-Chris

If I do the math right a half 8 would give you a 4? :confused: Thank God someone smaller than me. :D

quietfly
04-01-2005, 04:30 AM
If I do the math right a half 8 would give you a 4? :confused: Thank God someone smaller than me. :D

True, but nobody ever thinks i'm talking about width until it's too late.

;)

BitHed
04-01-2005, 04:34 AM
"...10-10-10-10-10 and an 8.5 from the French judge...Quietfly 'pulls' into the lead with that near perfect performance..."

RURC
04-01-2005, 12:56 PM
"...10-10-10-10-10 and an 8.5 from the French judge...Quietfly 'pulls' into the lead with that near perfect performance..."

Typical limp French judging. Are we still talking distance?

UNITED_RC
04-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Is there Any company's that will have aftermarket motors out , or has any one annonced it?

Our Krystal 4 Motor will drop right into the Half-8.

Check em out on our website.

URC

WhoMe
04-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Excellent we have URC onboard. Welcome to the boards.

Rcdriver
04-09-2005, 07:22 PM
I was wondering when he would join. Welcome URC. :)

gab696
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi,
i am a newbie :(

i have ordered a mini-inferno with a pack of intellect 9.6V GP batteries.
i want to know if i can mount a Team Orion Baja motor or a Krystal-4 ?
What's the best motor ?
thanks

UNITED_RC
04-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi,
i am a newbie :(

i have ordered a mini-inferno with a pack of intellect 9.6V GP batteries.
i want to know if i can mount a Team Orion Baja motor or a Krystal-4 ?
What's the best motor ?
thanks

Welcome to the boards.....and get ready for the addictioin!

As far as the motors you are looking at.....naturally, we would like for you to choose our motor, but we understand we need to be fair.

1. The baja is a 300 motor, and I am 99% sure that it will not mount in the mini-inferno's stock motor mount.

2. Our K4 Motor is a 380/400 (same size as the stock motor) so, our K4 is a direct drop in for the H-8. We do provide 16g silicone wire lead, so to connect the motor to your stock ESC, you would need to solder the orginal motor leads to the new K4 motor.

Have fun!!!!

URC

gab696
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Thank you for the fast reply.
i have just ordered one throught your website.
do you think i need other parts to mount this motor on my half 8 car (like pinions...) ?
Thanks

BitHed
04-13-2005, 09:40 PM
...correct...the K4 is a direct drop-in...same shaft so you can use the stock 14t pinion...the shaft is 2.3mm so you CANT use MiniT pinions but you CAN use MiniQuake ones...PanicToys does the 12t and 16t pinions in a set :D

...Once my K4 arrives it will get Deans Ultras and then be connected to a LRP AI ESC which then is conected to the LEG bone, the leg bone is connected to the funny bone...Come on sing it with me :D

hkopium
04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
...correct...the K4 is a direct drop-in...same shaft so you can use the stock 14t pinion...the shaft is 2.3mm so you CANT use MiniT pinions but you CAN use MiniQuake ones...PanicToys does the 12t and 16t pinions in a set :D

...Once my K4 arrives it will get Deans Ultras and then be connected to a LRP AI ESC which then is conected to the LEG bone, the leg bone is connected to the funny bone...Come on sing it with me :D

Can LRP AI ESC handle 9.6v (8 cells)? How its size is kinda big for H8, no?

BitHed
04-14-2005, 04:13 AM
...the LRP takes 8-cells without blinking...The size is a litle big but it fits good, is solid, great wiring, nice heat sink, auto-cut off, essentially a failsafe system, ZERO lag bettween brake and reverse which is REALLY cool and perferct settings everytime...i read the promo stuff and thought 'Yeahright' but its top notch...glad i got it...but its size IS big...pics coming later...damn im busy today...

hkopium
04-14-2005, 12:30 PM
...the LRP takes 8-cells without blinking...The size is a litle big but it fits good, is solid, great wiring, nice heat sink, auto-cut off, essentially a failsafe system, ZERO lag bettween brake and reverse which is REALLY cool and perferct settings everytime...i read the promo stuff and thought 'Yeahright' but its top notch...glad i got it...but its size IS big...pics coming later...damn im busy today...

Please do post the photo, I really want to change my Tx set and hence the ESC must be changed as well.