PDA

View Full Version : Hello

NitroSpazzz
06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Hello just wanted to say hello because I am going to be spending a lot of time on these forums now.

I saw the Half8 in RC Car magazine yesterday and decided that I need one :) Stumbled across this site and plan to order one by the end of the week. I am getting the half8 (white one), x-speed motor, and the Nimh pack. I plan on just ordering through this site and making use of the $50 certificate. I was thinking of going brushless but decided to just go with the x-speed for now because I don't want to throw too much money into this thing right away. Is there anything I should be aware of before ordering/running? I plan to get it and run one set of AA's while I charge the Nimh pack then implant the x-speed before my second run.

I plan on mostly driving this around the yard/skatepark/driveway and maybe do a lil racing against my LHS guys 18t. Need something a little quiter than my .21 t-maxx for running early/late.

Oh anyone considered a nitro conversion yet? I have some spare .061, .12 and .15 motors laying aroud that I may be tempted to consider putting in a second half8 if I get bored.

JonteJsson
06-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Grease the diffs.
Tighten the slipper/sand the pad
Get bearings
Get Oil Dampers instead of the ka-booooings
Enjoy your ride :cool:

NitroSpazzz
06-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Bearings good idea. are those the bearings sold on this site in the 2 packs? If not what are the dimensions of the bearings so I can pick some up? Thanks, just ordered the half8, waiting for my certificate code to come through to order the rest of my stuff.

JonteJsson
06-02-2005, 01:47 PM
This is the bearing kit:
http://www.half-8.com/shop/product.php?productid=16196&cat=259&page=1

NitroSpazzz
06-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and the link. Will be ordering that as well. Just waiting for that rebate code now