PDA

View Full Version : XSpeed

hamba
06-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Does anybody know how many turn is XSpeed motor?
Tx.

mOOsE
06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
its like 30 something or maybe even 40. Micro motors are not rated by turn...they are rated either by KV or voltage. KV is RPM/Volt applied.

.5x8
06-03-2005, 03:39 AM
yeh, if ur planning to run the x-speed....and u arent going to change to brushless..and u are changing the esc..and such..get this futaba esc

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUY13&P=ML

you will have NO problems what so ever with this esc with 8 cells.

plain_simple
06-03-2005, 11:03 AM
question is.. how many Kv on the x-speed?

akura2
06-03-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure brushed motor are measured in Kv.... anybody care to chime in?

mOOsE
06-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I never said brushed, I said micro motors. I believe the xspeed is a 4.8 volt motor. If it was 6 volt, it would not get anywhere near as hot as people are saying.

hamba
06-06-2005, 12:33 PM
.5x8, if we use futaba esc, should we change the servo since it came with 4 cables, tx.

akura2
06-06-2005, 04:05 PM
I never said brushed, I said micro motors. .

Micro motor are all brushed... unless they are brushless like Lehner, Hacker, Mamba, AON etc.

and they ARE rated as turns and/or voltage handling.... ie. HPI micro hop-up motors are 45 turn VS. the 50 turn stock motor...

I just wan't sure if they were measured in Kv as well... the only time I've seen a Kv measurement is with brushless motors which are usually categorized by Kv, turns, and size

mOOsE
06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Micro motor are all brushed... unless they are brushless like Lehner, Hacker, Mamba, AON etc.

and they ARE rated as turns and/or voltage handling.... ie. HPI micro hop-up motors are 45 turn VS. the 50 turn stock motor...

I just wan't sure if they were measured in Kv as well... the only time I've seen a Kv measurement is with brushless motors which are usually categorized by Kv, turns, and size
The HPI motors are the only ones that are listed by windings. "Micro motors" was a generic term I used meaning "small" or MICRO motors! That INCLUDES brushless MICRO motors. And they are ALL rated either by voltage or KV. This is because they originate from aircraft motors. And prop size can be calculated by voltage applied or rpm/volt.

akura2
06-06-2005, 08:42 PM
well i didn't know you include brushless motors when you say "micro" usually I specify

and you are right... brushed motors are also rated in Kv... but not commonly in the car/truck/buggy world

and yes, the term "turns" has been reserved for the HPI motors... but i mentioned that to say that outside of voltage and RPM, that's the only other way I've seen small brushed motors categorized. Even when you go to the manufcturer's websites they very rarely if ever say "kv"... ie: http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/english/product/index.html

Thanks for straightening that out for me... even having 23 years in RC you can still learn stuff...:D

.5x8
06-08-2005, 04:55 AM
yeh you need to change the servo and the radio equipment if u use the futaba esc

mOOsE
06-08-2005, 06:20 AM
well i didn't know you include brushless motors when you say "micro" usually I specify

and you are right... brushed motors are also rated in Kv... but not commonly in the car/truck/buggy world

and yes, the term "turns" has been reserved for the HPI motors... but i mentioned that to say that outside of voltage and RPM, that's the only other way I've seen small brushed motors categorized. Even when you go to the manufcturer's websites they very rarely if ever say "kv"... ie: http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/english/product/index.html

Thanks for straightening that out for me... even having 23 years in RC you can still learn stuff...:D
mabuchi doesn't make the 400 size motors.

akura2
06-08-2005, 04:29 PM
mabuchi doesn't make the 400 size motors.

I know they don't... that was an example of the motor ratings from manufacturers I've seen for electric brushed motors in general