PDA

View Full Version : Going To Prep The Car

.5x8
06-02-2005, 01:41 AM
okay i know what i need to do, bearings in the hubs...atleast almost tighten all the way the slipper....and put grease in the diffs..do i need to open up the diff and stick some grease in there? where should i put the grease? and which grease should i use? i heard mugen super grease is good for the diffs. i just posted this to learn a bit more, i heave found alot of stuff but i just want to make sure i didnt miss anything, and for all the little newbies around here can check here too! so they dont have to go deep in the forums to look :)

BitHed
06-02-2005, 03:05 AM
...Try this...

1: Remove dust cover...
2: Apply favourite grease...
3: Cover with hand but dont touch it...
4: Power ON...Excess grease will fly onto your hand...Feels freaky...
5: Slipper should have nice coating of stuff...Thats about the right amount you want...

...The thicker the grease the heavier the motion...ie: GRINDY places like gears and diffs like the Mugen Super Grease...SMOOTH places like INSIDE the steering wipers etc like something lighter like TAMIYA Anti-Wear or TAMIYA Titanium Grease (probably TOO light for this car IMO)...Also the LIGHTER it is the MORE it flies off...Which you DONT want...you want it to stay...

...Mugen Super in crevices for bearings is good, BOTH ends of ALL dogbones where they sit IN the cups is good...inside and outside races (think 'donut') of the brearings is good...lets them sit nicely and not bind...

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Try powdered dry graphite availible at any autoparts store like NAPA on the dog bonz and places where you will tend to attract a lot of dirt but still need some lubrication. This stuff is cheap and works very well. Since it is dry powder it won't hold the gritty stuff in. :D

BitHed
06-02-2005, 03:20 AM
...short of that you could rub them with a pencil :D Thats just like the constipated mathematician; he worked it out with a pencil too :p

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 03:47 AM
You are correct Bit you english teacher you, you........LOL :)

.5x8
06-02-2005, 04:24 AM
are there bigger spurs for this damn car? my dad keeps bothering me about it..he keeps saying..its a crappy car...its a toy blah blah blah...lol and he runs r/c too...or atleast he used to...WELL I NEED smaller pinion Teeth and BIGGER SPUR!

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Tell him to buy you a Mamba 25 esc and either a 2068 or Aon 4900 and then let him laugh. Everyone I know and/or work with say Holy Sh!t.... It will keep up with my .21 t-maxx. It is a little "Toyish" out of the box but can be taken beyond the next level. :D

.5x8
06-02-2005, 04:45 AM
i know..but i just want a SPUR for now..i have a speed 400 in this thing..and i need a bit of a bigger spur!

JonteJsson
06-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Are you trying to gain speed or torque?

.5x8
06-02-2005, 01:54 PM
im trying to gain torque, so im going to go to a 12t pinion..and now im trying to find a bigger spur gear!

.5x8
06-03-2005, 12:16 AM
o_O WELL DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A BIGGER SPUR OR WAT?!?! this is driving me crazee! lol....the shop is taking forever to put up their 3racing shocks on the site...and i dont even know if URC sent it yet.....i dont under stand why couldnt they just ship it all at once..o_O