Thanks

Crunch
06-01-2005, 06:16 AM
Here ya go!

http://www.rcatomic.com

:p

maxxenitout
06-01-2005, 06:21 AM
I was driving myself crazy I kept typing atomicrc.com and telling myself that the site must be down....lol!! Need to take a day off work it's getting to me :)

Crunch
06-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Tell me about it buddy...........I need a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG vacation here too.......

Anyways, the new hop ups for the H8 from ATOMIC is not posted on their website yet. I saw them first hand at the store yesterday.

Option springs are available too....Woot!!!

JonteJsson
06-01-2005, 11:30 AM
http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album10/ak20_a.jpg
That is nice :)

MOTRAIN
06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
What is the result of using the 32 or the 24? What will it change??

hkopium
06-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, can any expert here please teach us what are the differences between 32 and 24 gear? They are used together correct? What are their functions?

akura2
06-01-2005, 05:07 PM
well if they are both bigger than stock (which I'm assuming they are) it lowers you gear ratio... so instead of trying to put 11 and 10T pinions on your car for brushless and better acceleration.... you make the spur gear(s) bigger....

the two larger gears together keeps the speed of the car the same/similar while having the larger spur takes stress off the motor by allowing the use of smaller pinions

if you use just the larger pinion then the speed decreases... if you use just the larger slipper gear then the speed increases.... together they cancel out

BTW.. I like the rubber slipper padz...mmmmm, direct drive goodness

hkopium
06-01-2005, 05:31 PM
I see. So let say if I am using Mamba, larger spur gear (Diff.) or smaller pinion (motor) will help lessen the heat/stress on motor.

Therefore, I should use the possible largest spur gear and pinion. Correct?

But why are there 2 gears (silver ones in the photo) inside diff.? What are their function individually?

akura2
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I see. So let say if I am using Mamba, larger spur gear (Diff.) or smaller pinion (motor) will help lessen the heat/stress on motor.

Therefore, I should use the possible largest spur gear and pinion. Correct?

But why are there 2 gears (silver ones in the photo) inside diff.? What are their function individually?

As far as the pinion size, if you go too small you lose the benefit of the more powerful motor... but you should at least drop down two teeth from stock as a starting point for the pinion... or two teeth up for the spur

That's the slipper setup.... the larger one takes the stress of the motor's power and is linked to the smaller one via friction (or slipping) when power is applied... the larger gear (spur) spins independantly of the smaller gear for a bit (depending how tight you have the nut on the spring). Once they stop slipping, power is transmitted directly to the smaller gear...then to the transmission. this keeps you from shocking the drivetrain from rapid acceleration/ powerful motor. Another thing is the slipper keeps you from destroying your drivetrain from jumping and landing with the throttle on.... If you jump with the throttle on... when you land, the ground will be moving slower than your wheels/motor are spinning... if that happens you can blow out your entire tranny.... so with the slipper it allows the buggy to land, slip the gear, then let the tranny catch up....Basically the opposite of the acceleration phase

Hope that helps