PDA

View Full Version : what do i need to do?

aero528
05-31-2005, 04:50 PM
ok, i am thinking about getting a half eight(have been from before it was released), and im wondering what i should do to the rtr, right when i pull it from the box. i have read around, and i looks like the slipper needs adjusting. what else? i will eventualy get the CAW towers and 3racing shocks. i am not afraid to tear the thing apart, and put it back together, so that is not a problem. i am also looking into puting on 1/10th wheels, rpm rims with peroli hpi rally tires. all i need for that is the trinity adapter, right? any more info for a new (soon to be) h8 owner? thanks for the info!

CableMan
06-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Grease up the differentials, they don't come with any on them.

aero528
06-01-2005, 03:57 AM
ok, i will do that. anything else?

.5x8
06-01-2005, 04:16 AM
buy some bearings for the hubs, grease the diffs liek cable man said....umm..thats about it...lol put a different motor..lol i recommend the x-speed if ur a beginner...get some URC 8 cell x42s..run everything stock until u can get a nice FM radio and then after that get the hitec hs-85mg servo

aero528
06-04-2005, 03:04 PM
well....i wouldent call myself a beginner, but i have a little less experiance with elecetric than with nitro. so the h8 does NOT come with bearings? hmm....that will be one of my first upgrades then. i was thinking about a kyrstal motor, from urc, or mabye something more. i have a nice radio(xr2i), but the next radio i buy is the dsm from specktrum. thanks!

.5x8
06-04-2005, 03:37 PM
IMO, get the radio u want.....2 8cell x42s from URC, get a Speed 400 motor/rocket motor....oil shocks...and grease the diff and adjust the slipper..that should do you good...and when u want to change esc....get the this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUY13&P=ML

then u can upgrade the servo..thats ur options if u want to run brushed.....for now..lol