PDA

View Full Version : Screw options

MOTRAIN
05-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Does anyone make a Hex screw kit? I would prefer hex over phillip head screws any day.

BitHed
05-30-2005, 10:07 PM
...I have slowly been fitting some generic titanium screws with hex heads...MUCH easier..The problem is the 2.6mm little tapping screws...Where possible I have been sizing UP to 3mm threads to continue with the titty screw theme but in places I just have to stay with the stock screw...I will try and list what I have changed...

*Side Note: Change the spacer at the top of your shox from 6mm to 5mm and you can get away with a 3x18 instead of a 3x20 for your shock mounts :D Every little gram counts ;)

.5x8
05-31-2005, 02:03 AM
i rather have the philip screw heads...its practically 1 screwdriver for EVERYTHING, you might need a smaller one time to time..but thats about it...2 screw drivers for the whole car..lol i have a screw kit that came with my tc3.....from my experience..i dont know what people are thinking when they want us to use these little tiny allen wrenches..with this long screw..its pathetic...its pretty easy to round off the screw/wrench with that small allen wrench and the screw is pretty tight..so that is what i dislike about allen wrenches...but if you have one of those ones with handles...like the r/c ones, then that would be cool, but i dont have that kind of money, so yeh..lol

MOTRAIN
05-31-2005, 02:49 AM
yeah I see your point but, I have a set of the Losi Hex tools and I can tell you it is soooo nice using them. I don't see you needing that many hex tools either probably just 2, like the phillips set-up once you get the hex screws.

Hope someone comes out with a set.

TAOB
06-01-2005, 12:27 AM
rcscrewz has a kit for it part number kyo059...I emailed them about it and thats what they told me. Its not pictured on there site yet.

BitHed
06-01-2005, 12:55 AM
...Rcscrewz ignored my contacts for assistance / information TWICE...I am sure they will have a funky set available soon though...Just hope they remember to TELL us about it :mad: BTW the KYOSHO titanium screw set is out and PanicToys will be doing it for 75 USD shipped...This set fills in the gap left by the almost non existance of any 2.6mm titty screws...

.5x8
06-01-2005, 04:19 AM
hey TAOB, you joe? if so, its me valentin lolz...welcome to the forums :D

.5x8
06-02-2005, 04:25 AM
there are screws in the shop u know =]