PDA

View Full Version : diff eater!!

screwloose
05-30-2005, 09:01 AM
i put a 400 race motor made by graupner in mine and with 8 cells, and it flies!! :D but the middle-diff spoiled the (tr)action so i locked it, it run like a rocket for about 10 minutes and than made a strange noise, 3 sec's later i found out my rear AND my front-diff where both eaten away!!! :eek:
so, when your driving faster than stock ( :o ) don't lock your diff!! it will cost ya! :mad:

jatetu
05-30-2005, 11:29 AM
hi screw, this is very strange. I have a brushless motor, much, much faster than stock and i never melted any diff :confused:

In other side, which esc are you using with the graupner motor?

BitHed
05-30-2005, 11:46 AM
...screwloose it sounds like your diffs were loose...and / or not lubed...OR the drive cups were on even just a LITTle bit crooked :(

...stock the h8 is fine but as soon as you start speeding up with ANY motor, be it brushed or not, the meshes on EVERYTHING needs to be VERY close...Until we atrt fitting metal / delrin etc gears etc then this will continue to be a problem...Im sorry you had to experience it though...

screwloose
05-30-2005, 12:52 PM
i use the kyosho one, only chanched the motor and cells.....
is there a way to shim or tighten the diffs?

jatetu
05-30-2005, 01:32 PM
can you post a pic of one of those melted diffs? may be it throws some light...

screwloose
05-30-2005, 01:36 PM
nope, are still in the car, but one of the "dishes" to the axles has no teeth on it, when i get my new set i'll post one, i can't have i lying arouns cause of my cat...... :rolleyes:

screwloose
06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
:rolleyes:
ok, i ordered a couple of new diff's and mounted them today, i opened the dearcase and both of my diff's were OK!!!????
quick search learned me that the diff's where OK but the cups to the dogbone's waren't!! THAT'S where the problem was!
well, i had everything open so i did change the diff's an the cup's and this time i TIGHTENED them!! :D my only worry now is that they are a bit round at the moment and they use to have a flat spot......
thank's for the help!

mOOsE
06-01-2005, 09:08 PM
learned me?

screwloose
06-01-2005, 09:20 PM
learned me?
sorry, don't understand......
(i'm just a stupid dutchie you know.... :D )