PDA

View Full Version : After Rebuild Pics..

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:00 AM
Here are a few pics I forgot to post. These were taken after I had it almost back together. I ripped mine apart right when I got it never touched the floor. :) The motor in the pic is a Lehner brushless it's small but has plenty of torque. Didn't get to really test it due to some battery issues. I'm working on that problem now. Will have more as soon as I get my digital camera back from service one of my 20 month old twins got to it. :rolleyes:

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:02 AM
Here is some more..The last pic is a collection of tags from all the stuff I have added to my inferno. Believe there is now a whole lot more. And I'm still waiting on a few more parts.

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:03 AM
How'd you get the wheels on there?

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:06 AM
...unless you have extended axles there is NO way those rims are fitting on there...Akura they look mocked up...promise of things to come maybe?

...Maxxen is that the 3Racing brace i see under your rear top plate? Oh do tell :D

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:07 AM
Wow that was fast akura...lol I used the Trinity Itsy Bitsy Spyder 1/10 scale wheel adaptors..
These right here..
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/801911.asp
You have to change the nut to a lower profile one otherwise they don't seem to catch right.

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:07 AM
Dono... I know Maxxenitout personally.. and f it's on theere.. it's on there...

maybe the Itsy Bitsy spider adaptors?

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:09 AM
you answered at the same time...LOL

I knew it!...LOL

I have to get a set of those... so I can run some street tires... or some cooler rims.... or foam.... or HPI/Tamiya rally tires

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:11 AM
Yeah that is the brace Bithead. It actually helps out the chassis not as much flex in the rear. It just sucks that the torque rods don't really help because they are held on with ball cups.

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:14 AM
I have'nt found the right tires yet. I have been running the Hpi Rally tires but I'm not really satisfied with them. Since The rims in the pics are old Ofna stock from hobby people I got eight of them in a package for like 5 bucks. Me and Akura go back a bit I used to supply his habit...lol.. I used to work at one of his LHS.

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:15 AM
...i liked the ballcups...so that brace actually DOES help? hmm...is it heavier than stock? And can you feel the benefits of less flex?

...and those adaptors clear the front knuckle? The inside of the front wheel doesnt catch on the knuckle at full steering lock? if they dont then YES I will shell out for a set...

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:16 AM
I have'nt found the right tires yet. I have been running the Hpi Rally tires but I'm not really satisfied with them. Since The rims in the pics are old Ofna stock from hobby people I got eight of them in a package for like 5 bucks.

well Ofna was known for offering those wheel packs... packages of 8 for some low price.. but that's cool

I want to do some white spoke wheels..... they had a H8 at RCX with Kyosho spoke wheels on it and it looked really cool... like the Xray 1/8 scale

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:17 AM
...no local word on those spoked rims yet...but they were at the recent Shizuoka Show so they should be announced about the 5th of June here ;)

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:20 AM
I really like those... i think I'm going to paint my new clear body like that Xray

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:22 AM
I have'nt had no problem with them hitting the knuckle. I still have full turning in both directions. I was think of trying rod ends instead of the ball cups on the torque rods. Something similiar to these.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/867192.asp
Then using screws instead of the balls. I think the torque rods would work more like they do on most 1/8th scale rtr buggies.

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:24 AM
...BINGO!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/photo02.jpg

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:25 AM
...BINGO!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/photo02.jpg

Sweet!....

those wheels look so much better... and I really like those tires

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:26 AM
Southland Hobbies offers some spoke touring car rims that look alot like those for cheap. There not on thier website only in the store. That body looks nice! I just don't have no painting skills so I think I'm going to have to outsource that part of it. :) I just recently met Frank of http://franksbodies.com/index.shtml
and we talked about hooking up something for me. :cool:

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:29 AM
...these rims are coming in yellow too...

...pyrographix did my body :)

...the tires are coming plus one other set i am pretty sure...Hope they made the plastic in the rims less brittle...

akura2
Southland Hobbies offers some spoke touring car rims that look alot like those for cheap. There not on thier website only in the store. That body looks nice! I just don't have no painting skills so I think I'm going to have to outsource that part of it. :) I just recently met Frank of http://franksbodies.com/index.shtml
and we talked about hooking up something for me. :cool:

he does really nice work....

maxxenitout
Those are sweet. Just like the Big buggies. I want that Graphite servo tray. Hopefully 3racing makes it in SSG. So it will match the rest of my half8.

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:31 AM
...heres mine..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/PYROBLUR.jpg

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Have you posted a clear pic yet bit??? That blurry 1 was to much of a tease...lol.. I see you did it again. When's the unveiling???

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:32 AM
...nope ;) !: It hasnt arrived yet and 2: I have to chop it and ream it :(

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:32 AM
I think he's teasing on purpose

not fair :confused:

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:34 AM
I have always hated making holes in a nice paint job. Plus the risk of making a mistake and scratching the paint while cutting. It's happend to me, just don't have steady hands.

akura2
05-30-2005, 06:34 AM
the new body I'm getting won't have any holes except for the mounting holes...... anyway... see you guys tomorrow,, I'm going to bed... it's 11:30p here

lata

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Take it easy and I'll see you later.

.5x8
05-30-2005, 06:56 AM
ooo carbon fibre towers...i know where to get em cheap..but the question is...how easy do they break...i dont want to get alum ones cuz they would jsut bend..

BitHed
05-30-2005, 06:59 AM
...if you are worried about BENDING alloy ones then your carbon ones will say byebye for sure...try alloy in the front (high-impact) and carbon etc in the rear (low-impact)...

...i am a terrible driver and cant possible use graphite in the front...But i will use it in the rear for sure...But i am still running alloy for now..

maxxenitout
05-30-2005, 07:00 AM
In the little time I have had to drive my inferno I have had a few accidents and had no problem with the towers. But I have seen other threads were people have broke them.

.5x8
05-30-2005, 07:01 AM
eh ill put both alloy front and rear..lol cheaper...

BitHed
05-30-2005, 07:03 AM
...An ill-placed concrete block at REAL speed bent my CAW...not much...not much at all...the impact would have ripped a plastic one and splinytered a carbon one...I learnt my lesson...and then there is the open garden gate which i took out..lol...

.5x8
05-30-2005, 07:04 AM
hmm but i dont want to slow down m car with aluminum hop ups...hmm...im still thinking..lol....

edit: i want CF but...its kinda expensive...well..not really....20 bucks for front and rear..hmmmmmmm im going to get the 3 racing shocks for sure though...20 for all 4 =] so tahts 40 bucks >.< ill get the towers later then...lol my dad would be pissed

akura2
06-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Well I finally found the Trinity adaptors for my Mini....

after I saw all the cars on here with the cool rims I had to find them... gotta have dishes or spokes... these H8 wheels suck in the looks dept.

I know they are replicas of the full-sized one... but that doesn't make them look any better

.5x8
06-04-2005, 05:36 AM
thats for sure..after i do the "big" rebuild i will probably swap in some nice dish wheels or nice spoked ones like BBS style like at RCX. BTW, has anyone had a problem with the dummy head on the esc heatsink keep tugging the little heatsink off? i have to push it in once in a while..and ive noticed that it does move..lol..they mustve cut the hole wrong...theres a bitg cap in the front and in the back its practically touching the dummy head.