PDA

View Full Version : 3Racing Brace

BitHed
05-30-2005, 05:32 AM
...Request for assistance from users of this part...Is it lighter? Feel any different? Could someone do a review of this for us...Give us the good AND bad points...

TAOB
06-01-2005, 12:32 AM
I put in a order for one with everything else from 3racing :D When I get the package ill post on how it works if none else beats me to it

BitHed
06-01-2005, 12:51 AM
...i gave in and ordered one too...The stock unit flexes a TINY little bit so i figure its a part with a job to do so i can swallow the weight increase...if there IS one...i am SLIGHLY worried about the firmness of the screws going into the uprights...if they come loose then it will flex MORE than stock...Should know soon though...

.5x8
06-01-2005, 04:21 AM
are you guys talking about the servo tray? eh its cool but i dont need anymore weight..lol im trying to find some less toothed pinions...i want 10, so it can be real torquey..lol..i see they put a little slot for a stand up servo, so why havnet i seen anyone witha stand up servo instead of a laydown?

BitHed
06-01-2005, 04:26 AM
...yup originally that 'hole' had many of us fooled...That is a DIRECT copy of the BIG 777 and its not actually functional...Think of it as a belly button...IMO that actual piece does nothing at all and mine has gone bye bye :D

...NOT the servo tray but the two pillars UNDER the rear top plate where the electronics are...houses the longer of the two torque rods...CakeMonster over at one18th.com actually sliced up his top plate with a dremel...I TRIED to get rid of it and replace it with alloy rods but to no avail; READ 'gave up'...

...BTW 5x8 a friend of Crunch's in Hong KOng got down to a 9t but i think you will be pushing motor mount positions once you go less than 12...I am on 12 and my mount is as far as it will go without physically cutting bigger holes...

...RE: Weight...screws...LOTS titty screws...get the TAMIYA pillow balls...turnbuckles and hinge shafts...replace stuff that WONT harm the handling or ride of the machine...put carbon pieces in NON impact spots, ie steering etc...but screws mate..lots of them ;)

mOOsE
06-01-2005, 05:41 AM
I know someone who has it and he said it makes the rear end very, very stiff. It mounts with the flat part under the rear driveshaft and creates a solid, rigid rear end.

maxxenitout
06-01-2005, 05:46 AM
I have been running with the brace and have had no problems with it. Seems to really help out with the rear chassis flex. You do have to use a little thread lock to keep the screws from backing out. As far as weight I don't have a digital scale to weigh both the braces. If there is a weight gain with the aluminum it is really hard to tell.

BitHed
06-01-2005, 06:47 AM
...stiffer rear end...hmm...my mathematical mind says more power to rear diff from LESS loss through chassis...so to keep that power on the ground then i need to soften my shox again...because if they are too tight then i will just be wheel spinning...and stiffer chassis might mean higher roll center so might have to lower it but its already low in stock settings....blah blah blah...Just drive it :D

maxxenitout
06-01-2005, 07:00 AM
I haven't had time to get really technical with my mini. When I start hitten the track then I will make sure it's set up to the teee. Right now all I worry about is the if wheels are straight and it goes foward when I hit the throttle. :)

Crunch
06-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Hey folks!! This is an interesting part...might have to give it a try. Damn.....there're so many hop ups all of a sudden.......good for the hobby but bad for my wallet....LOL

A SWEET servo tray is available from ATOMIC...and it's a very very nice piece.....It comes in a combo package with the CF saver top plate and torque rods.

I don't think there's a 9T pinion for the 400 can size motors.....I'm running a 11T with my speed 300 motor. It's not that bad......but I've been told to use 9T or 10T to improve the pickup.

I think 12T is as low as it gets for 400 motors.

mOOsE
06-01-2005, 05:05 PM
atomic makes an 11t that I have seen.

.5x8
06-01-2005, 10:11 PM
...yup originally that 'hole' had many of us fooled...That is a DIRECT copy of the BIG 777 and its not actually functional...Think of it as a belly button...IMO that actual piece does nothing at all and mine has gone bye bye :D

...NOT the servo tray but the two pillars UNDER the rear top plate where the electronics are...houses the longer of the two torque rods...CakeMonster over at one18th.com actually sliced up his top plate with a dremel...I TRIED to get rid of it and replace it with alloy rods but to no avail; READ 'gave up'...

...BTW 5x8 a friend of Crunch's in Hong KOng got down to a 9t but i think you will be pushing motor mount positions once you go less than 12...I am on 12 and my mount is as far as it will go without physically cutting bigger holes...

...RE: Weight...screws...LOTS titty screws...get the TAMIYA pillow balls...turnbuckles and hinge shafts...replace stuff that WONT harm the handling or ride of the machine...put carbon pieces in NON impact spots, ie steering etc...but screws mate..lots of them ;)

ooo bit...dude you know it does work u know that....you put ur servo in there..and then after..you have to flip the ball screwy thingy that is on the servo tray up...if you want to use that hole..but im too lazee....didnt u watch teh kyosho video of the guy at RCX he says you put the servo in there if u want.

ps: so if i go any lower then 12 i will have to make the motor mounts bigger? DAMN IT! i dont wanna do that...hmm ill try a 12t and if its not enough pickup...ill resolve it with something else..lol

aiite, laters

vindictor67
06-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm using an 11t from associated. It meshes perfectly!!!!! Just had to grind down the back side(set screw side) down almost to the set screw. AKA made it shorter. :D

BitHed
06-01-2005, 11:57 PM
...Look at the provided mounts for the servo in the H8...big chunky things which secure the servo...Nothing like that on the top plate...

...the 'servo' portion of that part hasnt been included on the ATOMIC part...WHY ? Because its a non-issue...

...There is NO mention of top-mounting the servo in ANY literature anywhere...that would explain why no-one has tried it yet...As i mentioned previously its a direct copy of the BIG 777 which DOES have the option of a top mount...but try and see :D

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 12:09 AM
...Look at the provided mounts for the servo in the H8...big chunky things which secure the servo...Nothing like that on the top plate...

...the 'servo' portion of that part hasnt been included on the ATOMIC part...WHY ? Because its a non-issue...

...There is NO mention of top-mounting the servo in ANY literature anywhere...that would explain why no-one has tried it yet...As i mentioned previously its a direct copy of the BIG 777 which DOES have the option of a top mount...but try and see :D

NO,NO Bit that is for the Throttle servo needed to connect up to that super secret .105 Nitro Motor that only a few of us are in on ;) Wink Wink Nudge Nudge :p

.5x8
06-02-2005, 12:10 AM
lol im alright...when i looked at it...so thats what i thought....aww man....well with a speed 400 motor..you guys think 12t would give me enough oomph at the base of a jump to launch it nice n good?

MOTRAIN
06-03-2005, 02:23 PM
What are the steps to install the brace... how do you get the electronics plate off? Any help would be great!

.5x8
06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
its not that hard, you see the screws on the electronigs plate? takes those out, and take the two on the bottom of the chassis(they are the ones that are holding the servo mount)...and there..its out..lol..

MOTRAIN
06-03-2005, 06:38 PM
OK so there are 3 screws on the top right? And 2 screws on the bottem? Man I feel stupid... this can't be this hard! Any pics you could use to show me?

.5x8
06-04-2005, 05:20 AM
here are links, the red spots circles are the screws to take out...im really sorry for the crappy pictures...im really tired...and i had to close it up so it was hard to hold without hands shaking.. sorry

here are the pics:

TOP: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lilxaznpro/servotray.jpg
BOTTOM: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lilxaznpro/chassis.jpg

MOTRAIN
06-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the pics.... but I finally found the missing screws under the Reciever/esc... sorry for being such a bonehead... its now installed... I can say it does tighten it up a bit.

BitHed
06-04-2005, 07:05 AM
...nope youve lost your links for those ones buddy :(

.5x8
06-04-2005, 02:40 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lilxaznpro/chassis.jpg

and

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lilxaznpro/servotray.jpg

should work

BitHed
06-04-2005, 09:07 PM
...ok i am now officially confused..I thought we were talking about the rear :confused:

holy_inferno
06-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Is .5x8 talking about the servo tray?...BitHed talking about the 3racing braces at the rear? are they different parts of the MinInferno? I'm confused also..>.<

vindictor67
06-05-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure .5x8 always has me confused... :confused:

.5x8
06-05-2005, 01:30 AM
LOL! sorry guys! i was talking about the servo tray aluminum replacement stiffiner thingy! SORRY! lmao!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha sorry guys o_O

MOTRAIN
06-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Who makes the aluminum servo tray???

.5x8
06-06-2005, 02:29 AM
3racing..this is waht it looks like :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49219&item=5978694768&rd=1

BitHed
06-06-2005, 02:48 AM
...and i say AGAIN...That is NOT a servo tray...That brace is for the REAR...it has NOTHING to do with the servo :mad:

.5x8
06-06-2005, 03:41 AM
.....really? it looks like it would go there...dont u see the antenna mount? it looks like it...WEIRD! lol

Crunch
06-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Alright, I'm going to the LHS after work and see what this part is all about.

I know it's been said that it goes where the RX and ESC goes, but then where would the flaps of the Batt. hold down bolt onto?

I guess I'll take one for the team and post pics tonight when I have it mounted.

:p

MOTRAIN
06-06-2005, 05:32 AM
I put the brace on. It takes the place of a plastic brace under the rear drive shaft. You have to remove the electronics panel to get to it. It seems to make the rear of the car stiffer and makes the car feel a little more direct. Hope this helps.

Crunch
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the info. MOTRAIN.

I e-mailed 3Racing a few hours ago after I made the above post and they replied with a new updated pic on their website.

http://www.3racing.com.hk/Image/MIF/MIF015BU_c.jpg

It's ALL clear now!!!!!

IT DOESN'T REPLACE THE SERVO TRAY!
IT DOESN'T REPLACE THE RX/ESC TRAY!

I'm picking one up tonight.

:D

BitHed
06-06-2005, 06:59 AM
IT DOESN'T REPLACE THE SERVO TRAY!
IT DOESN'T REPLACE THE RX/ESC TRAY!

:D

...NO SHIT SHERLOCK !!! LOL...Thats what SOME of us have been saying all along...lol...

...BTW nice arms on the 3Racing model..Shame they are blue :( lol..

maxxenitout
06-06-2005, 07:04 AM
LOL... I thought it was clear where it went along time ago!!

Crunch
06-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Alright...I need a LONG vacation.....

Work is getting to me..........................

:(

.5x8
06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
LMAO! SORRY GUYS! hahaha im new to this! lolz...well not really but i didnt know!!!! hahaha SORRY!!! so....is the rear end more stable?

i seem to keep asking dumbass questions..lmao....sorry..hahaha its a phase.LMAO

BLACKHAWK444
06-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow 3 racing has a nice h8 :cool: