PDA

View Full Version : easy in easy out??

.5x8
05-29-2005, 02:59 AM
well, as soon as i get some bearings for my brand new h8, im going to lube and put bearings in the hubs. and i was wondering, how hard is it to take out the diff and lube it? i mean all i have to do is unscrew the rear end..then the diff case, then the diff, put grease all over, and then put it back correcT? do i have to do this for the CENTER diff? and how hard is it to put bearings in teh hubs?

PS: i see a brand new competition x mamba system on ebay for 109, or should i choose the mamba 25 esc with the AON 4900 thrust?

half8 abuser
05-29-2005, 07:43 AM
well, as soon as i get some bearings for my brand new h8, im going to lube and put bearings in the hubs. and i was wondering, how hard is it to take out the diff and lube it? i mean all i have to do is unscrew the rear end..then the diff case, then the diff, put grease all over, and then put it back correcT? do i have to do this for the CENTER diff? and how hard is it to put bearings in teh hubs?

PS: i see a brand new competition x mamba system on ebay for 109, or should i choose the mamba 25 esc with the AON 4900 thrust?

The front is real easy but the rear is just a pain in the ass, just a lot of screws to remove that's all. Everything you said is real easy to do but it's time consuming.

Just go to a room turn on some music and work away. I did everything you ask about in about an hour.

Oh and go with AON 4900. You wont have the heat issue.

.5x8
05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
okay cool, i know how to do all of it...i was jsut wondering...and its great that kyosho chose a 1 size philip screw driver for almost EVERYTHING which is great...1 desk, 1 car, one wrench...lol...doesnt the 1/8 scale kyosho have thsi cap thing thats is for easy access of the diff? thats what my dad said, i dont believe him..lol because i have checked out tons of rich guys ...lol rich guys..hahaha kyoshos..and i have never seen a "cap" besides the diff case..he says he has seen people just unscrew 4 screws and take this "cap" off..and i have looked in the front of alot of pictuires..and i dont see a "cap" lol

Hawk
05-30-2005, 04:01 AM
The bulkheads on the 1/8 buggys are two piece. front or back are accessable by unscrewing the four screws that hold them to gether with the larger section of the bulkhead. You do have to remove the suspension pin mount and eclips or what ever ( I use hinge pins with nuts and a screw head made of hardened steel) and the two screws from the bottom of the chasis that mount the bulkhead to the chasis. I takes less time than typing this in here once you have done it once or twice. I have done it several times, changing diffs or fluid or replacing a outdrive.

BitHed
05-30-2005, 04:14 AM
...hawk could you possibly get some pictures or a link to that nut system you use?

BitHed
05-30-2005, 04:25 AM
...when you are in the diff fiddling around too see if you have something that might replace the funky little bushing thats in there...I replaced it with a slightly better fitting Mini Z bushing and life got better...

...BTW the Mugen Super Grease is all it can be and more :) Great grease for this machine...

akura2
05-30-2005, 04:32 AM
man... all you guys did it the hard way....

I just unscrewed the four screws that hold the front and rear diffs from the bottom.... lifted them slightly from the chassis and filled them with grease... I admit.. this way I can't get to the bushings... but I just wanted to load the gears with ceramic grease to get them quieter and smoother and this way I had plenty of access to grease them without taking the whole thing apart

BitHed
05-30-2005, 04:39 AM
:D Silence is golden...you will love those drives once they settle in :D Get a bit of 'NO-Friction' spray on your hinge-pins too while you are at it...

.5x8
05-30-2005, 05:15 AM
where are you suppose to put the grease? from building diffs in my 1/10 scale buggy.....the grease goes on the outdrives around the rim. is this right? where else do i put it? and wtf are u talking about akura...lol okay u unscrewed teh 4 screws on teh bottom...and then where did u squeeze the grease?

BitHed
05-30-2005, 05:22 AM
...thats what i mean with you have to love your machine..pull it apart and see where everything is...The gear box is 'open' on the bottom...

...BTW 5x8 i hardly feel that Akura's comment warrants a 'WTF'...Please try and use some more regular, less offensive superlatives ;) BTW again but you want as little grease as possible in places where it is going to ATTRACT dirt, you wouldnt really wamnt it on the outside of your outdrives...on your dogbones INSIDE the cups yes...but not really 'outside'...

akura2
05-30-2005, 05:42 AM
where are you suppose to put the grease? from building diffs in my 1/10 scale buggy.....the grease goes on the outdrives around the rim. is this right? where else do i put it? and wtf are u talking about akura...lol okay u unscrewed teh 4 screws on teh bottom...and then where did u squeeze the grease?

after I lifted the diffs up (since they are open on the bottom) I put the grease on the diff gears which are plainly visible once you lift the diffs

.5x8
05-30-2005, 06:29 AM
alright cool, thanks

bit..hehehe :D its a game habit..lol