PDA

View Full Version : oil in stock shocks?

.5x8
05-28-2005, 04:16 AM
lol i got my minferno today, and i was wondering........i really doubt it though...its really bouncy..and i was wondering if i could put OIL in the friction shocks and see waht happens..but i really doubt it..lol i have never seen priction shocks before..so yeh..lol...well guess like im gonna get oil shocks later....

mOOsE
05-28-2005, 06:11 AM
no dude. It would come right out. If you need some dampening before the oil shocks arrive, you can put fuel tubing on the shaft inside to slow the movement. But only cut like 1/8th sections.

Crunch
05-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Congrats dude!!! You finally made it to the dark side.

Do your self a favor and get the oil dampers FIRST. This makes a night a day difference for the car.

As far as I know, there are 3 brands on the market now who makes the H8 dampers.

1) Kyosho
2) 3 Racing
3) Topcad / Integy

I personally saw the Topcad ones in my LHS 10 mins ago......have no idea how they perform.....the above list is in cost order as well with Kyosho being the most expensive.

.5x8
05-28-2005, 01:57 PM
i saw on a website.....20 dollars for 3racing oil shocks...IN THE US! and alloy towers F&R for 16 bucks IN THE US

.5x8
05-28-2005, 01:59 PM
and ps..what im gonna do about the shocks...umm...i was thinkin some silicone oil will stop the movement..=] ill try that, im going to start gettting hop ups soon anyways....lol this 14 yr old is going to be didly squat broke after about a few months..lmao

halfEIGHT
05-30-2005, 04:04 PM
i saw on a website.....20 dollars for 3racing oil shocks...IN THE US! and alloy towers F&R for 16 bucks IN THE US

FYI 3Racing parts should be in the Shop in the next day or two, and we'll attempt to match any (shipped) price! :)