PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Mamba

vindictor67
05-26-2005, 02:47 AM
:mad: My Mamba is a very sick puppy. Mounted her on my shiny new 3Racing alum. motor mount a couple of nights ago, and everything went very well. Pulled her out at work yesterday morning and it was Wrong!!! She was bucking around wouldn't go, then it would go normaly, then it would Cogg hard. Pulled the motor out last night, and it is in the motor (6800) itself. Sometimes it spins free as can be. Next time it gets almost completely locked up. If I tap on it, it changes state. If it is bound up tapping will free it up, if free tapping will bind it up. I've tried it pushing and pulling on the shaft and that doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm almost sure there is a metal chip in the can.

I e-mailed CastleCreations today but haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know if you can open one without tearing it up? I see that AON sells replacement parts so it must be possible, but how?

Looks like I'll be trying the AON before I had planned to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :o

BitHed
05-26-2005, 03:04 AM
...im not down with MAMBA yet so i cant help with that but the 4900 i have CANNOT be opened or modded...its a 'Set-and-Forget'...Later models, ie the ACTUAL motor for public consumption, apparently WILL be openable and moddable...

...if your MAMBA is moving now and then it DOES sound like there is something foreign in the can...make me think twice about the 'apparent' benefits of an open ended / vented bell...

...I am sure you will get it right with the Castle crew on it...just make sure they send it back to you as registered post...the mail service in your part of the world sux ;)

vindictor67
05-26-2005, 03:15 AM
...im not down with MAMBA yet so i cant help with that but the 4900 i have CANNOT be opened or modded...its a 'Set-and-Forget'...Later models, ie the ACTUAL motor for public consumption, apparently WILL be openable and moddable...

...if your MAMBA is moving now and then it DOES sound like there is something foreign in the can...make me think twice about the 'apparent' benefits of an open ended / vented bell...

...I am sure you will get it right with the Castle crew on it...just make sure they send it back to you as registered post...the mail service in your part of the world sux ;)

LOL, your telling me :D

vindictor67
05-26-2005, 03:18 AM
Is the motor your using not the standard that is for sale now. Should I wait to get a new model that is rebuildable. I would really like that. :confused:

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Good News, Good News
I've been e-mailing Castle about the problems with my 6800, and they are standing behind their product. They have sent out a new motor for me and also are picking up the shipping cost of sending back my messed up motor. I was hoping that they would stand up and they did. I have nothing but good things to say about Castle and their products now. :D Thanks to the Castle Crew....... :)

.5x8
06-02-2005, 02:01 AM
GREAT! Now GO TEAR tHAT h8 uP! lol

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Is the motor your using not the standard that is for sale now. Should I wait to get a new model that is rebuildable. I would really like that. :confused:

I e-mailed Aon after my Mamba problems and they said that they will have a re-buildable verson of the 4900 in less than 6 months. :)

.5x8
06-03-2005, 03:52 AM
COOL! i will wait for that...for now ill run my speed 400

vindictor67
06-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Good News, Good News
I've been e-mailing Castle about the problems with my 6800, and they are standing behind their product. They have sent out a new motor for me and also are picking up the shipping cost of sending back my messed up motor. I was hoping that they would stand up and they did. I have nothing but good things to say about Castle and their products now. :D Thanks to the Castle Crew....... :)

Castle even sent it Priortity Mail so I could have it by the weekend. Mailed it on Wednesday and had it on Friday. I'm really happy with Castle. Very Professional..... :D

tornacl90rx7
06-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Castle is an excellent company to deal with .... if you have questions give them a call or drop 'em an email and they fix everything ....Although I am really enjoying the AON 4900 Kv motor .....

Gregg

vindictor67
06-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Torn, How do the CC 6800 and Aon 4900 compare, performance wise. I haven't had the extra cash to get an Aon yet. Going thru a divorce and right now every penny is being watched. Any likes and dislikes of either/or?

tornacl90rx7
06-05-2005, 03:11 AM
The 4900 definitely has more torque and the ability to make the slipper let go easier ... the 6800 is a good deal faster ... but the torque is an issue when you get into the grass or runnin thru the grass .... but they both have a heat issue and need a heatsink .... I am happy with both .... don't really have a preference of one over the other .....

Gregg

vindictor67
06-05-2005, 03:15 AM
Excellent reply.. I will wait for the dust to settle before I think about trying the 4900. Thanks a bunch... :)

bboots583
06-05-2005, 09:58 PM
I know I have asked this question before, but I thought I would asked from someone who has run both motors. Does the AON "cog" any more or less than the Mamba. I currently run a 6800 with 8 gp1100's or 6 gp2000's and I get a small but annoying amount of "cogging". Does the AON perform any better? I believe it should due to the increased torque and less heat but I would like to be sure before I purchase one.

tornacl90rx7
06-06-2005, 01:18 AM
I havent had any cogging issues with either except for when they are in high grass or near the end of the run for the batts ....

.5x8
06-06-2005, 03:54 AM
my question is......if the h8 is made for a 400 size motor...why put a 300 in it? i mean mamba is nice and everything....its faster..but i mean...400 size has more torque..that means that you have enough "oomph" to hit a jump and clear it with a small space to speed up.