PDA

View Full Version : Shock Question?

maxxenitout
05-25-2005, 05:18 PM
I was wondering if any has tried both the Kyosho oil shocks and the 3racing ones? And if they have which ones do they prefer? Since I have a full set of unopened kyosho shocks I was thinking about selling them and getting the 3racing ones because they are threaded. I Know this will based on your guys personal opinions but I am already leaning towards the 3racing ones for the adjustability factor. But if any one has a had a problem with them that might change my mind.
Thanks in advance.

tmizzle
05-25-2005, 06:20 PM
got my 3racing shocks today... they come pre-built with oil already in them. Although i dont know what oil it is.

If my pinion is in the mail when i get home i plan to hit the track and check it out... ill let you know but anything has to be better than friction shocks! lol

vindictor67
05-25-2005, 06:51 PM
I personally have the Kyosho shocks. They are nice, but nothing spectacular. They are expensive, not threaded, and I have seen posts about people having leaking problems w/them.

I just installed 3Racing SSG towers and Alum. motor mount and the quality is fantastic. I don't think you can go wrong either way. :)

maxxenitout
05-25-2005, 07:46 PM
I have alot of the 3racing stuff and agree on thier quality. I thought for the price I couldn't go wrong. So I will most likely go ahead and order the 3racing ones. I should have progress pics of my rebuild tonight.

acsubie
05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
i have both sets...the kyosho dampening is really really good, 3racing's is just good, wish 3racing included more pistons though...they come installed with the 1 hole pistons which seemed entirely too hard..the 2 hole pistons worked better and cant go wrong with the threaded shock bodies

one thing though, the 3racing shocks have less dampening(shaft travel) compared to the kyosho--both shocks are about the same size, BUT the lower alloy removable shock caps on the 3racing dont allow the shaft to travel as far up as on the kyosho

still though 3racing didnt skimp out on the quality or build of the shocks- definitely top notch

BitHed
05-25-2005, 09:29 PM
...ascubie nice post...Thats EXACTLY what i needed to know...

akura2
05-27-2005, 04:12 AM
...ascubie nice post...Thats EXACTLY what i needed to know...

Same here.. I already ordered the 3Racing... my wife would kill me if she saw another $60 purchase on the credit card... $20 is a lot easier to swallow... I just hope they work good enough... then again... anything's better than biong boing boing....

BitHed
05-27-2005, 05:05 AM
...on a side note...different coloured caps will be available for the KYOSHO series soon...Apparently the KYOSHO option springs will fit the 3Racing units too...As much as i like the 3Racing stuff I will stay with my KYOSHO units...I MUCH prefer the ease of slipping on adjusters as opposed to screwing them down and trying to keep them even...But I am a lazy plug and play user though :o