PDA

View Full Version : Broken accpack?

salvorhardin
05-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Hi there guys!

I have a little question.

I bought a pack of Mirage accs called MeanGreen Power (9,6V/1050 mAh). I also bought a Mirage Quick Charger. But it won't work. The charger seem to charge the accpack but when I try to run with it, it is like if there is no power at all.

When I received the stuff I had gotten the 1.3A adapter (from 220v to the charger), but they said that I should have the 3.8A adapter. Is this right.

I also got the wrong adapter cord from the charger to the accpack, and might have damaged the charger by reversing the cords (red against black).

So, what is the probable issue here. Broken AccPacks (I have two) or broken charger?

Love to hear your point of view... :)

I hate to be a newbie.. ;)

/S

OneTimeCRX
05-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Hmm, I've never used the charger you have before, so I don't know. What do you mean when you say that it seems like there's no power at all? Do you mean that the car is really slow, or that it doesn't move at all?

And where did you buy the stuff from? AFAIK, the Kyosho store in Gbg doesn't have 8-cell packs yet, so I didn't know it was possible to buy them locally yet. Maybe you can bring the stuff to the store and ask them for help?

Or, there's always the possibility that I can meet you some day with my multimeter and we can check the battery voltage and look at the chargers.

salvorhardin
05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh, hi!

One more from Gbg! :)

The car moves, for about 10 sek, constantly loosing power. Then it stops and just make hacking sounds. It works fine with regular batteries.

I bought the stuff from Hobbymagasinet in Sthlm. They have got both the packs and the charger. I have talked to them and they are sending me a new charger. I just wanted to know if you guys knew anything about this.

Would be nice to meet and check this if it does'nt work with the new charger.

cheers!

/S

OneTimeCRX
05-24-2005, 04:44 PM
That's good to hear that the store is sending you a new charger. Hopefully it works!