PDA

View Full Version : aon brushless system

.5x8
05-23-2005, 03:08 AM
is this system good? i could always buy a AON 4900 by itself and get a mamba esc...is this a good combo for the h8? i have read that the aon was like it was MADE for the h8..is it as fast as the 8000kv? maybe a bit slower? but atleast faster then the 6800?

BitHed
05-23-2005, 04:01 AM
...5x8...the AON 4900 is great in the H8...but it sounds like you want a crazy fast machine...

...Will a 4900 be AS FAST as an 8000? No...Faster than a 6800? I doubt it...From my VERY limited knowledge of brushless systems the HIGHER the KV (I still dont know what this stands for :o ) the faster the motor...

...The Mamba series of motors is having heat issues...The AON 4900 doesnt...The AON fits right in...and AON actually advises that you use it with the 25 ESC so that solves that problem...

...Whichever system you DO end up with I am sure you will like :D Read around some more and try and see which is the system showing up most in peoples 'set-up lists'...That will give you a better idea of what we all are running :cool:

.5x8
05-23-2005, 04:46 AM
im spotting this used h8 with mods...it has a upgraded motor in it..not BL but ill run tat for a while if i can get the seller to deal with me..and then..later..probably save up for a comp. x or something..and yes i do want a fast car..i need atleast 40 mph..lmao..lol does the AON go 40 mph?!! lol 30 maybe? 35!?! lol

ps: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44029&item=5977196350&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

you guys think that is a good deal? lol ITS MINE DONT TOUCH IT!! lol

coryj
05-24-2005, 02:08 AM
kv is free spinning rpm so ad resistance and the larger more powerful AON 4900 should not loose as many rpm due to resistance as the smaller less powerfull mamba 8000. Im not positive but I think they would be pretty close.

rstnboy
05-24-2005, 02:41 AM
I can shed some light on the kv mystery. As coryj said, it is an indication of rpm but its use over time has actually muddled its meaning a bit. It is supposed to stand for rpm per volt applied. Different manufacturers will use this value in different ways...some use it as a no load value whereas others will quote the value with a load. Where it has really become a misnomer is when a motor will be listed as 8000 kv when it should really be 8 kv. The "k" in the kv is a metric notation for 1000 so saying 8000 kv would really be 8000000 rpm/volt (which would really scream!)

In application, an 8000 rpm/volt motor with a 6 cell (7.2 volt) pack would theoretically be turning 57600 rpm (8000 x 7.2). The 4900, with the same pack, would be turning 35280 rpm. If both motors were constructed identically, the 8000 would obviously push the car a lot faster. However, once again as coryj pointed out, the 4900 is larger in diameter than the 8000 so it has more torque and consequently more ability to "push" through the resistance provided by the load of the drivetrain. Since the drivetrain is not frictionless, neither motor will spin as fast as the calculations show it should. However, the 4900 will maintain a larger percentage of the theoretical value under load. Additionally, depending on the battery type, the voltage of each cell will actually drop from the rated 1.2 volts to somewhere around .9 - 1.0 volts based on current loading. Lighter current loads don't cause as much voltage drop as heavier loads. Higher quality batteries maintain their voltage better than those of lower quality.