PDA

View Full Version : SP1 Roller

sanny632
09-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Hey Hawk if you want to get rid of that roller i am lookin for an sp1 also bit will the new ST parts work on the sp1 ( to turn it into a truggy?)

plain_simple
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
There's no reason for Sp1 parts not beeing on the truggy. Exceptions probably are the main chassis, the servo tray and the brakes tray. I'm upgrading my 777 to the SP2 version so i'll have the all SP1 kit for sale brand new (i had a SP1 kit as spare).
If you're interested, step in my office ;)

Sideshow
09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
You mean a whole new Sp1? And a Slightly used one? Or is this the conversion from a K2 K3 etc?

sanny632
09-14-2005, 09:55 PM
There's no reason for Sp1 parts not beeing on the truggy. Exceptions probably are the main chassis, the servo tray and the brakes tray. I'm upgrading my 777 to the SP2 version so i'll have the all SP1 kit for sale brand new (i had a SP1 kit as spare).
If you're interested, step in my office ;)

If you have a sp1 roller for sale i am very INTERESTED

Hawk
09-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey Hawk if you want to get rid of that roller i am lookin for an sp1 also bit will the new ST parts work on the sp1 ( to turn it into a truggy?)

The ST 1/8 is built on a 7.5 chassis. You can see in the pictures the steering and servo tray are 7.5. The steer servo is on the inside like the 7.5. As far as other parts, the shock towers (kyosho calls them shock stays) are completely different. The chassis is longer in the back, moving everything forward. No need to go 777 with a truggy as it is mostly about lower center of gravity/narrowing the polar moment of the on board parts and the roll center changes. The suspension arms are longer than buggy arms and the shocks are different. They are resin ( plastic) and threaded body. No reason to worry about the refinements of the 777 for a truggy but it wouldn't hurt if you used it as with the msr conversion.

:cool:

EphiDelt490
09-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Plain, hit me up about that SP1 ;).

plain_simple
09-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Plain, hit me up about that SP1 ;).
already did Adam ;)

Dont forget that what i have available is ONLY the SP1 upgrade set and not the 777 kit!

plain_simple
09-15-2005, 08:22 PM
The ST 1/8 is built on a 7.5 chassis. You can see in the pictures the steering and servo tray are 7.5. The steer servo is on the inside like the 7.5. As far as other parts, the shock towers (kyosho calls them shock stays) are completely different. The chassis is longer in the back, moving everything forward. No need to go 777 with a truggy as it is mostly about lower center of gravity/narrowing the polar moment of the on board parts and the roll center changes. The suspension arms are longer than buggy arms and the shocks are different. They are resin ( plastic) and threaded body. No reason to worry about the refinements of the 777 for a truggy but it wouldn't hurt if you used it as with the msr conversion.
:cool:

Well, well, well... i can see a lot of used 7.5 rollers beeing sold for conversion then.
That also makes a lot of difference to the MSR kit because it means that they wont use adapters and that makes a lot of sense to me. There will be for sure some 3rd party coming up with aluminium arms and aluminium body shocks as hopup's the minute that kit hit the streets.
I think that a 777 with the MSR kit will be a better option then the ST model but we will see... actually building up a truggy from a used 7.5 and adding the parts needed should be a way less expensive way to go but... guess we will only know the difference when both options are tested