PDA

View Full Version : New Atomic .. Slipper pads

JonteJsson
05-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Yes, they are up for sale in a few webshops.
http://www.the-border.nl/image.php?productid=22632

Atomic Slipper pad for Mini-Inferno ak6
2pcs.
better material for better adjusments !!

JonteJsson
05-22-2005, 01:17 PM
seems like it's eben out for a while. Has anyone tested it? does it make any difference?

gustav
05-22-2005, 05:00 PM
the are a cheaper and better mod to the slipper and the name its glue ;)

borderonlineshop
05-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes, they are up for sale in a few webshops.
http://www.the-border.nl/image.php?productid=22632

Atomic Slipper pad for Mini-Inferno ak6
2pcs.
better material for better adjusments !!

tried it today, with a Mamba and 13T 9,6
works perfect grind the washer put some Ca on it let it dry pressed!
and used it 3 packs with no problem at all!! :D

acsubie
05-23-2005, 04:31 AM
do 1 of these replace the washer, or do 2 "sandwich" the metal washer??

BitHed
05-23-2005, 05:20 AM
...close that puppy up...castrate it...it dont do diddly squat :mad: Slipper my bum its more like a friggin gumboot...

akura2
06-01-2005, 10:29 PM
...close that puppy up...castrate it...it dont do diddly squat :mad: Slipper my bum its more like a friggin gumboot...

Interesting phrase.....LOL

I was able to lock down my slipper quite a bit but I haven't run it yet.... just using the stock setup cranked as far as I could... (my fingers...ow)

all I know is that ANYthing has to be better than the out of the box slipper setup... I set the darn thing to the recommended 4mm, and all i heard was "wheeeeeeeeeeeee" when I hit the gas. The tranny was slippin' like bird poop on teflon......

I'd rather not lock it all the way (glue) as I don't want to shock the drivetrain from jumping/racing

BitHed
06-01-2005, 11:48 PM
...ive shocked mine so much its lost all its hair...Ive had some spectacular crashes and BIG jumps...you can safely lock it...Your drivetrain will love you for it...

Crunch
06-02-2005, 01:07 AM
I scuffed the stock pad and locked the nut down to 2mm......so far so good after 5 packs at the track.

;)

akura2
06-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Well i guess I'll take my car apart and give it a try.... (Just scuffing it up and cranking it down)

.5x8
06-02-2005, 01:38 AM
yeh me too when my shocks..bearings..and wahtnot come in....ill give it a nice crankin..lol..and give the diffs a bit of greasin..

akura2
06-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Dam.... I just bought the Atomic Slipper pads from Stellamodels :(

That's why you guys can't show me stuff... luckily they were only $2.50... ordered the 1250mah 9.6v battery too.... :D

I saw that and I was like...."1250mah!!!! gotta have 'em!" :eek:

acsubie
06-02-2005, 03:43 AM
can someone just answer if 1 of the atomic pads take the place of the alloy spacer, or do both atomic pieces in the package "sandwich" the alloy spacer?

Crunch
06-02-2005, 03:48 AM
I am betting it just replaces the metal washer instead of "sandwiching" it. Sandwiching it would make it way too thick....

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 04:00 AM
...ive shocked mine so much its lost all its hair...Ive had some spectacular crashes and BIG jumps...you can safely lock it...Your drivetrain will love you for it...

Hey bit you using the Mamba 25 with your Aon 4900? Crank up the throttle curve with the Mamba Link Cable and software and let me know how the locked diff holds up...... :confused: I'm bettin' it won't last long....The acceleration is silly fast. Bet my CRANKED and KNURLED slipper is slippin' a little...It better be. Just don't run long at that throttle curve. I melted the shrink wrap off the Mamba 25 in 10 min. or less :D But damn I could throw sand and rocks 20 feet. WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

BitHed
06-02-2005, 04:01 AM
...That sounds right Crunch...I havent seen them either so I cant say...but NO washer at all makes quite a size difference...It still fits no problem though...

...I dont have the MAMBA software...I dont need it...Too much hassle for 'plug-and-play' little me :o

...BTW is it just me or does the sound of the ESC-25 remind you of a snake-charmer's tune?

vindictor67
06-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Now Bit, As much as you work with your H8 you will love the Mamba link. The software is FREE on the website. The cable is like $20.00...not bad. Remember that you were BL free a month ago. Now take it to the next level. Seriously, if your kids want to play with your H8, just kill the throtltle curve. It is really cool stuff. Sorry if I'm preaching, just think you would enjoy it. Peace! :)

MOTRAIN
06-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Where are you guys buying the Atomic Hop-ups? I don't have any LHS that carry their stuff.

akura2
06-12-2005, 10:06 PM
I got the slipper pads from stellamodels.net... one of the pads replaces the washer that's in there...

also.. I have the Mambalink cable and the software (needed it to program my plane).. and it beats all that beeping and booping to program it by a long shot.... for you plug and play guys out there, it's waaay simpler than not having it if you own a Mamba controller

JonteJsson
06-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Use glue to glue them to the metal washer. Use super-fast glue, like the loctite super attak, I glued myself to the washer :mad: but It worked really fine

akura2
06-13-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't think that's how they are supposed to go.... as they have the slipper material on both sides of each of the pads (you would think that if you were supposed to glue them on, that only one side would have grippy stuff on it... or they would have made them self-adhesive)

but if it works like that for you...great

JonteJsson
06-13-2005, 12:04 PM
... that is what the-border said to me when I asked them

akura2
06-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Oh ok... well depending how they work for me as is... I might try them like that.... what could it hurt... and it makes sense now that I've thought about it.... the pads are so thin ...and there ARE two of them....

it's just that since they were grippy on both sides I didn't think they were supposed to be glued on.... they should have made them one-sided and self-adhesive... then it would have been obvious... I would have paid the $.50 more for that

learn something new every day :D

akura2
06-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Well I took out the single pad and glued it along with the other pad to the slipper washer... works like a charm... the car really gets up and goes... It's almost scary

I didn't get to try it without the washer and just the single pad... but this way works great.....