PDA

View Full Version : HalfEIGHT.com Race Team?

Mazda787b
03-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Hmmm.... Anyone think that we could have a race team going here? If Team Helotes is going to be selling packs here, I can build the motors (I have the parts on order for a 380-can motor with neo mags and a bearing can), we could have a pretty nice team going here to get the word out on the site, once the 777 is out.

BitHed
03-16-2005, 01:02 AM
...Mazda...We are working on that right now...It would be good to get your ideas though...We are tossing around different shapes and sizes so its all still really up in the air but we are open to ideas you know...

...be it a full-blown with a luxiourious trailer or a dood in a t shirt we still havent decided but we want to do this in SOME form or another...Tell us what we need to know...

arch2b
03-16-2005, 01:32 AM
i love the idea of sponsor bodies, shirts, hats or whatever.

i have been doing this for mini-zracer for some time now ;) i designed a sponsor racing scheme and had it made a reality thru with mini-z's help. at the time i was soley racing overlands...
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album155/IMG_2027.sized.jpg

i would naturally be proud to run a sponsor body on an h8 :p t-shirts and hats are always cool too

BitHed
03-16-2005, 01:42 AM
...nice big white spot on your roof should be filled with the PanicToys logo arch ;)

...Yeah I am loving this plan already...BTW the site colour is yellow...Apparently NOT orange as i politely noted to hE :eek:

arch2b
03-16-2005, 01:47 AM
i'm still waiting on those decals ;)

it looks orange to me :confused: the exact shade is in the grey area between orange an yellow, but i digress... pointless to argue color with me. i was never good at that part in school :o my brother is almost totally color blind...

BitHed
03-16-2005, 01:55 AM
...i said to hE that it was orange and he said NO BitHed its yellow :mad: LOL...well i will start with a white body and then do up a 'site' one when the clears arrive...

...im waiting on those decals too...DGS has been busy fiddling with his TC3 :( Looks like we lost him to the BIG scale...

...I can do up some shirts at cafepress and get those asap...Trouble is they sting me severely though customs and all my cash is tied up with the MinFerno program...

arch2b
03-16-2005, 02:02 AM
we've been waiting for a long time for mzr t shirts ;) maybe a design contest for designs on all the sites would be good....get them all out of the way at once. winner gets a free shirt or something :p

the lineup for h8 bodies has to be small.... i don't know of any other buggies in that scale

ruknd
03-16-2005, 02:14 AM
arch may dominating bodies on a new scale...as many of you know from the MZR site his scale overlands are second to none. About color...yeah...all color is grey (toss it up to the studio art major)....there seems to be 2 shades of yellow or orange here...how can they both be yellow and different colors?

ruf4play
03-16-2005, 02:16 AM
The front or the back needs to say "H8". Then maybe a silhouette?

halfEIGHT
03-16-2005, 01:36 PM
...i said to hE that it was orange and he said NO BitHed its yellow :mad: LOL...well i will start with a white body and then do up a 'site' one when the clears arrive...

What the - I thought it was the other way round, you kept calling it yellow and I called it orange?! Regardless, it varies wildly by monitor - my laptop shows the forums as darker orange/cream/white while my SGI and Sony LCDs show them as bolder orange/light orange/white - it's really weird when I have one window on my laptop and one on external LCD and they are totally different colors...:rolleyes:

halfEIGHT
03-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Excellent, I was right!

World Domination !! says:
wow..lots of yellow...
David says:
or orange as the case may be
World Domination !! says:
yyyyyeah...its orange...yellow...orangey yellow :z)

:D

k_bojar
03-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Nice to see a thought of a race team...

Get them sponsor logos out :D T-Shirts are cool too

BitHed
03-16-2005, 02:18 PM
...hE i slept 3 hours last night :eek: I am being the best mod i can be...lol...lets go with orange ;)

...silhouette works but then its hard to see it as the MinFerno...it just looks like any OTHER buggy...

BitHed
03-16-2005, 02:37 PM
...are flames TOO cheesy for the MinFerno? Im a big flame fan...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/PAINTJOB/DSC04948.jpg

ruf4play
03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
k-bojar - nice avatar! I <heart> TRF...

k_bojar
03-16-2005, 08:51 PM
k-bojar - nice avatar! I <heart> TRF...

Gotta admit...NOt mine :D I "borrowed" it from another board :D

I love Tamiya and have run their stuff for many, many years :D

arch2b
03-16-2005, 10:13 PM
...are flames TOO cheesy for the MinFerno? Im a big flame fan...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/PAINTJOB/DSC04948.jpg
only if it looks like it's on fire ;) no hot rod flames :o

BitHed
03-16-2005, 11:19 PM
...the orange colour is growing on me...my design juices are flowing...The design template is being done right now :) So much to do and such short attention span...

ruknd
03-16-2005, 11:20 PM
don't give into arch's peer pressure flames are perfectly acceptable for a buggy :)

BitHed
03-16-2005, 11:24 PM
...i am thinking two shade orange flames on a metallic silver background...I should really go and hit up one of my favourite sprayers and see if he is interested in dropping by the site...

...anyway back to the issue at hand...stories of race teams, systems, incentives, methods, ideas...what have you guys got that will help us make this work?

ruknd
03-16-2005, 11:27 PM
i'd like it...maybe the forums shop and others could pay for sponsor space on bodies and we could get bodies and or shirts made...

RURC
03-17-2005, 06:40 PM
How about thongs to wear to the events. :D

Mazda787b
03-17-2005, 09:39 PM
I Figured we could get a discount on the stuff in teh store (mabey), have a T-Shirt or Hat, and Run a certain paint scheme or atleast have stickers.

Who do I contact about possibly having my motors in the store? I have a great product, I just need a nice front to sell them in.

arch2b
03-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I Figured we could get a discount on the stuff in teh store (mabey), have a T-Shirt or Hat, and Run a certain paint scheme or atleast have stickers.

Who do I contact about possibly having my motors in the store? I have a great product, I just need a nice front to sell them in.
email halfeight regarding your motors in the shop.

BitHed
03-17-2005, 10:27 PM
...ok i will set up a batch of branded thongs...

Mazda787b
03-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks Arch!

halfEIGHT
03-17-2005, 11:09 PM

That'd be me - email me and we'll hook it up! :)

Mazda787b
03-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Email will be sent in a few minutes!