PDA

View Full Version : Problem when changing to AccPack!

salvorhardin
05-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi there guys!

I just installed a new AccPack in my car, and now I have a problem.

When I accellerate the car hardly moves. The gears are moving as hell, but the car only moves when i accellerate very slowly. Is this "slipping"?

How can I fix this? I don't wanna break anything.

Please help, I wanna go out and have fun! :)

/S

salvorhardin
05-19-2005, 06:26 PM
More input...

When i loosen or tighten the little nut beside the two gears. Do I have to keep both gears still when I tighten or loosen the nut? It's very hard to move it...

tmizzle
05-19-2005, 06:58 PM
yes, you need to hold that other gear.

I was unable to tighten mine with the tool that came with it, use some needle nose pliers to turn it while holding the other gears. might hurt a lil. ;)

salvorhardin
05-19-2005, 07:25 PM
You tell me... :) My thumb is bloody, but it worked...

But, how "dangerous" is it if i tighten it a bit too much? The car runs like a dream now...

Another question. How long can u guys run with a fully charged ACC? For me its seems like about 10-15 min, if I go full speed almost all the time. Is that normal?

My God, it's a fun little bugger !:)

vindictor67
05-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes hold the gears firmly and use pliers to tighten it up. I have mine tightened pretty much as far as it will go. No space between the coils of the spring. Almost have the spring doubleing over on itself. I haven't heard of anyone breaking anything yet and a lot of people have even glued the gears together so it can't slip. The best thing to do after you have played some, is pull the slipper out. Take the metal washer between the 2 plastic gears and rough up the surface with wirecutters, grinding wheel, sandpaper ect. This will greatly reduce the sliping for a give tension on the spring. Hope it helps.

salvorhardin
05-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks a bunch!

I will tighten it even more when I have recharged the acc. Then I will bring a beer and go out to a nearby footballfield and go wild... ;)

OneTimeCRX
05-19-2005, 11:09 PM
I've tightened mine to the point where it doesn't slip at all. The safest way to adjust the slipper is to completely remove the assembly from the car first; otherwise you risk scratching or breaking something.