PDA

View Full Version : changing electronics..

.5x8
05-19-2005, 02:32 AM
if i get my h8..i am going to replace the servo..do i have to chagne everything else too?

vindictor67
05-19-2005, 02:45 AM
Yes, the stock servo is a 4 wire servo. You will need to get a new reciever to accept the 3 wire aftermarket servos. This also means a new ESC. :mad: Just wait untill you can get a good FM radio and go MAMBA or from what I'm hearing AON. It makes the H8 a whole different machine. :D Have FUNNN!!!!!! The Hitec 85 MG works and fits very well in the H8

.5x8
05-19-2005, 03:22 AM
okay..so when i get my h8...i wont change anything....and when i get money..ill get a mamba...a servo...and get another reciever..or use my blazer AM...o yeh..the stock ESC can handle the X-speed correct? if so...YES! lol

TNB
05-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Increased amp draw though not much difference in speed? Also read about the batteries. From Kyosho America's (http://www.kyoshoamerica.com) website link:

Q: What are the specifications of the Mini-Inferno?
(As seen on the Kyosho Web Site and the video shown in Hobby Shops)
A: Battery / No. 71951 Half-Eight SP Battery Set
Motor / No. IHW13 X-SPEED Mini-Inferno SP Motor
Shocks / IHW14 Mini-Inferno Oil Shock Set (Front), IHW15 Mini-Inferno Oil Shock Set (Rear)

Q: What its maximum speed?
A: 6-Cell Battery + Normal Motor - Maximum speed of 21 km/h
6-Cell battery + Optional Motor - Maximum Speed of 23 km/h (not recommended due to increased power consumption)
Half-Eight SP Battery (8-Cell) + Normal Motor - Maximum speed of 28km/h
Half-Eight SP Battery (8-Cell) + Optional Motor - Maximum speed of 34km/h

Q: It doesn't seem to have enough acceleration (not transferring the drive power). Why?
A: The factory setting of the Mini-Inferno is for off-road use so the slipper gear is set a little loose (for 6-Cell Battery) to allow the car to accelerate smoothly at the start with a small degree of slip (refer page 23 of instruction manual). This setting delivers better off-road acceleration and prevents damage to the gears. If you still feel there is not enough acceleration, refer to the instruction manual and adjust up to 4mm-5mm to suit. (Note the following caution)

CAUTION : In order to prevent damage to the gears, the car will still slip during acceleration even when adjusted to 4mm. Adjusting further will allow the car to accelerate without any slipping, however, the increased load on the gears can cause damage. For on-road use or on high-grip surfaces, adjusting to 3.6mm~4mm is recommended.

Q: When will the 8-Cell Nickel Metal-Hydride battery be available?
A: It's available in June, 2005.

No. 71951 Half-Eight SP Battery Set
No. 71952 Half-Eight SP Battery
The battery protection function included in the Battery Set keeps the battery voltage at about 7.0V. This prevents the damage to the battery from discharging too much and safely maintains the battery's original performance for longer.

http://commerce2.i2net.com/able55stores/stores/9/Half-Eight-Mini-Inferno-777-Type-1-P738C104.aspx