PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Wheels installed :D

hkopium
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Just got the Itsy Bitsy adaptors and HPI tryes today from Tower.

The mystery of Triangle shape cast on my Aluminum wheels solved

hkopium
05-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Installed on my H8

hkopium
05-17-2005, 11:44 AM
No problem with steering.

hkopium
05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
But as some brothers already pointed out, the Itsy Bitsy Hex Adaptor is too thick. So that the hex nut cannot tightly screw to the wheels.

I will need to trim the thinkness of the adaptors thinner with Drill (sand paper of course) later. A big job, will do it over the coming weekend.

The tyres look kinda strange on a buggy. hehehehe, but I am using these wheels for onroad driving purpose only. :D

Skunk
05-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Man, that looks pretty sweet, I wonder what Jaco nitro shoes cut down would look like/perform? Nice ride hkopium. :cool:

halfEIGHT
05-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Very cool hko - let us know how the modifications go! :)

MOTRAIN
06-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Man, those look awesome.... what all do I have to get to make that happen, this is a must have, please let me know.

.5x8
06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
looks wicked! but im not a big fan of alloy rims, i think too heavy! lol, maybe if you do alot of tire spinning, maybe i would put on alloy rims..but i doubt it! the rims are nice! but somehow the body looks different in that paint job? lol it looks like my old ofna mbx style kind of body..not infernoish..no offense it still looks GREAT i love the color, the rims. it blends in nicely!

NitroSpazzz
06-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Those look nice, wonder if I could get my T-Maxx rims to fit on the Half8 I have coming :)

akura2
06-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Those look nice, wonder if I could get my T-Maxx rims to fit on the Half8 I have coming :)

LOL...no... the hex is too small to fit T-Maxx wheels

Here's what i did with mine:

haven't changed the body yet... just working on the internals for now and getting it to run the way I want it to

NitroSpazzz
06-03-2005, 05:12 PM
LOL...no... the hex is too small to fit T-Maxx wheels

I had them on my micro rs4 for a few minutes (killed the stock motor with them) just have to use your imagination, a lathe/mill helps :)

Can't wait for my half8 to show up

akura2
06-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I had them on my micro rs4 for a few minutes (killed the stock motor with them) just have to use your imagination, a lathe/mill helps :)

Can't wait for my half8 to show up

well with a Lathe/mill.. then you are all set...LOL

I'd be surprised if the front and rear wheels didn't touch when you mounted them on your Micro....:D

NitroSpazzz
06-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I'd be surprised if the front and rear wheels didn't touch when you mounted them on your Micro....:D

Ha pretty dang close even with extended chassis. Think I'll stick with 1/8 buggy wheels or smaller on this thing.