PDA

View Full Version : Rear Gears

Jerry
04-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Has anybody had this problem?

I've run a dozen tanks of fuel thru and the little bugger is screaming now. Here is the bad news--lost my rear drive.

The two main gears which are visible after you unscrew the main section from the frame, started slipping and now I've lost the rear drive. Is this a common problem. Ordered a complete set of gear sets for he rear $28.

Is there a way to order only the main (larger gear)? This better not be an ongoing problem, two wheel drive sucks.
:eek::eek::eek:

DAVEMAN
05-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey Jerry,

I dont think that is a comman problem. I've never heard anyone on this site with that same problem anyways. How have the new gears been holding up?

Jerry
05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Ordered a "metal" set for $28. Yes, that is expensive but you get 2 complete sets. They seem hartier than the originals. Will be going out to the park for some run time. Love this little bugger, but hopefully it will hold up. Bought it as a filler between my nitro bike and Inferno GT which are On-road. Post up after the tests.
:rolleyes:

Jerry
05-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Installed the new rear gears and they work great! Can't say as much for my Nitro Bike. Had a battery failure for some reason and it was a full throttle run-away. Managed to notice it just before full throttle lock. Got it banked left and managed to miss all curbs. Flipped it 5 times in the air and landed in the grass. At first look, it survived. Will have to diagnose the problem. Battery charges fine, must be receiver failure or On-off switch. Man, that bike is possessed!!!