PDA

View Full Version : Just some advice, thinking of buying 2

tommy_gun
04-20-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm sure these question have been answered many times before, but I cant see anyone else threads. Thats odd. Anyway.

amain has them for 90 bucks a piece. Sounds good. Thinking of buying one for me and my son to play have a thrash around with.

1. I dont like electrics in the larger scales due to run time or lack thereof. What sort of run time is involved with these guys ? Id be using 2500mah nimh AA cells.

2. Durability ? Im sure his gonna crash it and bash it, his 6. Me, i'll probly crash it and bash it too :D Any specific weak points ?

3. Speed. Is it pretty quick ? Id probly say if its going to do around 15 mph stock then id be happy.

Thanks !

legacy_gt
04-21-2008, 03:51 AM
buying what? you havent said the name of what you are interested in.

tommy_gun
04-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Mini Inferno St

bermbuster
05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
at $90 bucks it is a good deal....
with aa nimh cells it will be lucky to do about 12mph....
you really need 2/3 a cells or lipos to make it come alive.....

I bought the vehicle when it first was released and hop ups were plentiful. Now it will be hard to find most of them. You want aluminum steering knuckles (plastic ones the kingpin screws strip out the plastic easy)
Aluminum motor mount (plastic one when the motor heats up moves and you either lose the mesh or strip the gears) The stock esc/rx combo may last or it may burn up.