PDA

View Full Version : diff bolts lossening up even with red loctite

tdrinc1
01-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Ran 8 tanks on new 09 took it apart cleaned diffs and would have lost both if I would have run 1 more time. Both diff screws are backing out even loc tited red and used Stainless steele allen head locked down hard. Does anyone have a fix for this . This seems to be extremely engineered flawed as well as the P Poor center dog bone wear. Any thoughts???Bought Kyosho center cvds work great looking to fix diff problem now. You would think Kyosho would fix the problem??

46u
02-03-2008, 02:41 AM
I have 8 tanks on my 09 and the diff bolts are still tight. You do not want to use Loctite on screws that go into plastic, as it will mess up the plastic and if you did this might be the problem.

46u
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I did not understand your question completely till today. I ran a couple tanks of fuel through my 09 today first time since my 8 tanks of break in. I did not think it was pulling like it should so check the front and rear diff and they where slipping. So I pulled the front diff and the screws holding the ring gear on to the diff cups where coming out. So I thought this would be a good time to take them apart clean them out and put diff oil in instead of the grease. Once I got them clean and while putting them back together while tightening the screws the diff would bind up when they where tight. I checked everything but could not find the problem. During trying to figure it out I broke one of the gaskets. What I will try to keep the screws from coming out once I get some more gaskets is to put a little RTV on the screws. I assure you Kyosho will be getting a call tomorrow.