PDA

View Full Version : NEwbie - well new to this forum

Dunc
11-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi all - new to this forum but not to the MI/H8. I am an active member of UKMRC forum for those of you that know it. Love my H8 with all the bling and Carbon - and it is fast. Once I get pics in the right resolution for this Forum I'll post the images - if you want a sneak peak before then go to this link - http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=7275

Dunc.

morati
11-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Welcome Duncan....Saw some of your posts on UKMicro and one18th. Nicely done. Was wondering if you are racing this Buggy or Bashing? It drives incredible when it stays together. Unfortunately I find it to be a little fragile. I have used the Permax 400/D, and Wraith in my version and liked the Wraith (the Permax cogged alot with my Quark Pro Car) until the motor shaft on it broke. I have since switched over to a Duratrax VR3 (FTX Pro) motor with the timing advanced and some 2-cell lipo packs for racing at my local offroad carpet track. Any questions.....Feel free to ask.

hucifer
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
hey Dunc, some great pics. I noticed you have a CF plate of some sort that you have the speed control mounted to. Where did you get that? :confused: That solves all my problems reconfiguring the electronics from stock. You say the shoe goo works well for mounting the servo? Cool. I have a tube of that in my drawer. That stuff is worth it's weight in gold. I haven't gone brushless yet, but then again I need to learn to drive better first. Putting brushless in mine would be like putting a 16yr old with a new licence into an F1 car... just asking for a wreck.