PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber chassis.

hated1racing
05-11-2005, 01:58 AM
i want one. are their any available or going to be available?

BitHed
05-11-2005, 03:01 AM
...Hated that would be KEWL :cool: I would really like one but personally I would be worried about crashing it and breaking...I mean I am one of the first people on the planet to bend the CAW towers :o I am one of the best bashers in know...

...Maybe we could combine forces so to say and line the carbon belly with an aluminium piece ?

Crunch
05-11-2005, 03:09 AM
I'm sure a CF chassis is in the works from someone as the weight issue is one of the main focus of this buggy.

Also, if I remember correctly, the chassis is flat with no humps or anything with the exception of the F/R diff areas. Should be a simple and straight forward design.

:D

BitHed
05-11-2005, 03:32 AM
...yeah it should be reasonably straightforward...maybe the guys who did the 18T chassis, Holeshot Engineering will do one for us...They do some drop-dead sexy looking parts for the 1:8 777 and also some nice truggy conversions too...

ixlr8
05-11-2005, 04:05 PM
i dont think a grphite chassis would be cool WHY?we are forgeting the whole point of the mp777 orginal if you want a hadcore takeanything you throw at it a graphite chassis wont last AT ALL so why would it be different for the mini inferno in other words i will be getting one of these when my LHS starts carrying parts again but a 3racing chassis or somthing would be to beakable but with all the braces maybe not but in my opinion i will leave my chassis stock UNLESS vantage make a molded chassis then i will think about it or maybe a non woven graphite chassis

WhoMe
05-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Those molded woven graphite parts that Vantage is making are very nice. Would i like to see that in a half eight chassis?...Sure why not..just not soo pretty and polished cause Ill get upset once i scratch it. lol What i think MIGHT be cool (and ive said this before) is if somone does a chassis like you see on 1/8 buggies. Middle part is alloy with plastic mud gaurds. I think that would make the chassis suffiently rigid and lighter than an entire aluminum tub.

mOOsE
05-11-2005, 10:07 PM
i dont think a grphite chassis would be cool WHY?we are forgeting the whole point of the mp777 orginal if you want a hadcore takeanything you throw at it a graphite chassis wont last AT ALL so why would it be different for the mini inferno in other words i will be getting one of these when my LHS starts carrying parts again but a 3racing chassis or somthing would be to beakable but with all the braces maybe not but in my opinion i will leave my chassis stock UNLESS vantage make a molded chassis then i will think about it or maybe a non woven graphite chassis
your english teacher should switch careers. just kidding.

BLACKHAWK444
05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
lol. I think carbon fiber could hold up to it. The main thing would be supporting it. A box of carbon fiber is vitrually industructible, but a single sheet could probably be broken with your own hands.

ixlr8
05-12-2005, 03:13 AM
i do agree with WHOME alloy center and the the things on the side carbonfiber would be coo

mOOsE
05-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Carbon fiber would be cool looking and strong but It doesn't have the best track record for off-road vehicles. I think a composite graphite version would be sweet though. It would be super stiff and light. You could probably even take out the torque rods on the ends

chrille
05-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I have been thinking about that with the middle area of the chassis in alloy and the sides in plastic. That would be nice and then we got a car that looks like the 1:8 Inferno to! :)

BitHed
02-02-2007, 02:18 AM
...yeah it should be reasonably straightforward...maybe the guys who did the 18T chassis, Holeshot Engineering will do one for us...They do some drop-dead sexy looking parts for the 1:8 777 and also some nice truggy conversions too...

...Who would have guessed that i predicted this all the way back in '05 :P