PDA

View Full Version : Woohooo!

DAVEMAN
08-06-2007, 12:39 PM
So friday I finally took my 09 out. It was only the 2nd time ever. The first time the track was in really crappy shape and I lost a dogbone 10 minutes into it. But this time was much better. I was so suprised what this little buggy could do. It rock and rolled on the track. I had a total blast with it. So yeah...Im never getting rid of this buggy no matter what. Heres a pic of the track....they ran the kyosho 1/8th scale nats here for the past few years...
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/track1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/TrackBuggy.jpg

Tinytacohead
08-11-2007, 02:44 AM
That's an awesome track man, I wish I had somewhere decent to run mine. I agree too, I'm never gettin rid of it, even if I never have any others to run with, lol.

DAVEMAN
08-12-2007, 06:30 AM
I wish I was able to get the whole track in the shot. Off to the left is a section thats like 8 feet tall, and insanely rediculous. This track is about an hour away from me in Saint Louis...well worth the drive.

Tinytacohead
08-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Next time you're there get another pic or two, sounds awesome!

Xircom
08-17-2007, 03:45 PM
cutted a hole into the wind-shield, is that because of cooling the engine better ? What is your needle setting (turns from closed) ?

Thanks a lot !

Tinytacohead
08-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Yep, the hole lets fresh air flow over the engine head. Not sure on the needle, will check later on today probably.. (and no prob)

DAVEMAN
08-19-2007, 06:13 AM
So I got all of my hopups already. Today I put in the front brake kit, new shocks, graphite shock tower, front and rear sway bars, rollover antenna, aluminum front shaft brace and used a buch of titanium screws. Everything went pretty smooth, considering most of the buggy had to be taken apart for all that stuff. I think I'm gonna wait to put on the titanium turnbuckles and hingepins. Ive got to say that the 3Racing shocks are pretty darn nice and smooth. The oil it came with felt thinner than what the facory shocks had in them so I changed it to 50 weight, put blue springs in front, and white in back. The shock oil sounds a bit too thick I know, but they feel pretty good.

I was a bit horrified when I was cleaning my engine. I popped the airfilter off and there was a little bit if dust/dirt in the neck of the carb. I've always checked and rechecked that the airfilter was completely on while running it. I'm wondering if the seal just isnt tight enough or something. I think I'm gonna put a couple of plastic ties around it next time. That would sooo suck it my engine blew because a little dirt snuck in. I guess I'm also going to see if I can find a prefilter for it.

Since I'm putting all this new shiny stuff in it, I'm gonna order a new body for it this week and have the guy at the local hobby shop paint it for me. Its gonna be pretty sweeeeeet!

Tinytacohead
08-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Sounds awesome man, be sure to post up new pics! I checked my needle about an hour or so ago. I'm pretty sure I counted 3.25 turns, which sounds high to me but that's just going by my expierience with completely different engines. I haven't tuned completely for performance either though.. the idle seemed to be comming up too much if I went much leaner so I just stopped there the last time I ran it. Where's yours set and have you noticed the same thing with the idle? I really wish it had a seperate idle speed screw..

EDIT - on the shock oil.. I put 35wt in the fronts and it still feels waay too soft to me, so 50 doesn't necessarily sound thaat heavy IMO..

DAVEMAN
08-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Whats up Tiny! Nice to see someone on so late. I work overnights so I never usually see people that are actually on here when I am....

Tinytacohead
08-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Whats up Tiny! Nice to see someone on so late. I work overnights so I never usually see people that are actually on here when I am....

We are, haha.. ahh, my hours are all whacked out too. I just finished putting the Nitro Hawk up for the day. Any pics with the new gear installed?

DAVEMAN
08-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Naaa, not yet. Its looks pretty good though. I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow and post em. Trying to decide what kind of paint job I want right now. Maybe some flames...I dunno.

Xircom
08-19-2007, 10:10 AM
I have it currently at 3.5, seems even richer than yours - on the other hand I currently use my heli fuel having 23% nitro and probably more oil, but I just wondered if people set it below 3 turns - I absolutely do not want to overheat and burn it off. Sometimes on full speed, the engine slows, that could be a sign, maybe I have to turn it even more open ?

DAVEMAN
08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/frontend1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/back1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/front1.jpg

Tinytacohead
09-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I looked awhile back and never got around to posting.. the new parts look great man! Whatta you think of the sway-bars? I've never had any on my RC's.. (having mostly driven stadium trucks)

Tinytacohead
09-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I have it currently at 3.5, seems even richer than yours - on the other hand I currently use my heli fuel having 23% nitro and probably more oil, but I just wondered if people set it below 3 turns - I absolutely do not want to overheat and burn it off. Sometimes on full speed, the engine slows, that could be a sign, maybe I have to turn it even more open ?

I'm running Sidewinder 33% Race Blend here, with 12% oil content. It does sound like you're running a bit lean at speed.. Anybody else have needle settings to share?