PDA

View Full Version : Front brake kit

DAVEMAN
07-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey how does the front brake kit work and does it work good?

acsubie
07-31-2007, 07:37 PM
definitely improves braking power

DAVEMAN
08-01-2007, 05:24 AM
How does it actually psysically install in the buggy though, like what are the parts involved.... I'm just curious as to how the front break kit actually works...

Tinytacohead
08-11-2007, 02:42 AM
It's just another disk and calipers that attaches to the front of the center bulkhead area. Personally I wasn't all that impressed. I guess for some reason I thought you'd be able to set brake bias to front/rear, but it's just another disk on the same shaft so all you're really doing is adding surface area. I think the single disk setup works fine if adjusted correctly, though I'd guess you wouldn't have to replace disks as often if you were spreading the braking power across two, instead of one.. The install is pretty simple I thought. Basically remove the screws holding the center section in, (through the bottom of the chassis), attach the second disk & calipers and drop it all back in. The linkage setup confused me a bit in the "instructions". I've got mine setup so one linkage rod controls both calipers.

DAVEMAN
08-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Right on, thanks for the info on the brakes. Last time out I really got my buggy dialed in and I had no problem with the brakes. I probably will get the front brake kit anyway though since its only like 10 bucks....