http://gpmracing.com.hk

For example...

http://gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/tc4_2.jpg

paulj2
05-08-2005, 03:49 PM
All I can say is...schwiiing

hkopium
05-08-2005, 04:07 PM
I was at GPM shop last week. Despite those goodies shown up in their website, the shop owner told me that most H8 hop-ups will not be available until 1 month later at least. :eek:

paulj2
05-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I was at GPM shop last week. Despite those goodies shown up in their website, the shop owner told me that most H8 hop-ups will not be available until 1 month later at least. :eek:

I don't suppose you would "take one for the team" and slip him a $5 to speed things along? :D

hkopium
05-08-2005, 04:28 PM
:p
I don't suppose you would "take one for the team" and slip him a $5 to speed things along? :D

LOL, I try that next time I go there.

I know 3Racing people, I can get my hands on their products very fast. Even those that are not on the shelf yet.

I think I should go rubelbows more often at GPM shop. :p

Crunch
05-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Don't worry folks, according to past experienced at the GPM store, you U.S. folks will get the goodies before us local HongKongers will. As strange as it may seem......but sadly (for me...) it's true.

hkopium buddy....you know the 3Racing folks?? You gotta hook me up with some goodies man....

Are you going to MMS this week?? I'll be there on thuesday (the 10th)....just finished rebuilding the whole car from the ground up, should be a fun evening. You gonna be there?? I'll be the dorky looking guy running a red rc18t and a white "BRAND spanking new" mini-777.... :D

halfEIGHT
05-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Guys, we'll be getting all the GPM goodies, so please post a list of what parts you'd like (including colors) to this thread. We're putting together a 3racing order too, so please start another thread for that and let us know what you'd like - thanks! :)

half8 abuser
05-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Guys, we'll be getting all the GPM goodies, so please post a list of what parts you'd like (including colors) to this thread. We're putting together a 3racing order too, so please start another thread for that and let us know what you'd like - thanks! :)

I think you should get the online store working first :rolleyes: ;) :D

hkopium
05-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Are you going to MMS this week?? I'll be there on thuesday (the 10th)....just finished rebuilding the whole car from the ground up, should be a fun evening. You gonna be there?? I'll be the dorky looking guy running a red rc18t and a white "BRAND spanking new" mini-777.... :D

Yes, they always serve the foreigners first... wwonder why...

Anyways, what have you done to ur H8? Sound something serious with "ground up" :D

rstnboy
05-09-2005, 02:02 AM
I would definitely be interested in the MIF041 alloy drive cups. I don't care what color as long as they hold up better than the stock ones.

acsubie
05-09-2005, 03:37 AM

Anyways, what have you done to ur H8? Sound something serious with "ground up" :D

cause we pay the jacked up prices while you guys enjoy $5 parts

hkopium
05-09-2005, 04:51 AM
cause we pay the jacked up prices while you guys enjoy $5 parts

LOL. That's not true. We at HK only save the shipping fee. The street price here is almost the same as on the website for new items.

Older items are only around 10-20% less.

Crunch
05-09-2005, 05:07 AM

Nothing serious....LOL

I just installed oil shocks, scuffed the slipper pad and lubed the diffs. The car was making all kinds of noise when I first got it. It's all better now.

Bithed was right....the H8 is like a 10,000pcs jigsaw puzzle compared to the rest of the 1/18.

:D

Crunch
05-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Was just browsing the GPM website again and noticed some newly added stuff (maybe I just missed them a few days ago??)

Anyways, some stuff that I think I'll be trying:

Alloy diff joint (MIF041) - I know sooner or later I'm going to rip these plastic ones in pieces...I hate the way there are locked with the shafts and can only be released at a certain angle.

Ti main shaft (TMIF1237) - the stock ones are plastic?!?!?!?!!?!

I was going to laugh at the Alloy Wing (MIF040A) until I remember the H8 is really front heavy and tends to nose dive into the ground after a jump....maybe the added weight of an Alloy Wing at the rear can help? LOL..... :D

I guess it's gonna be another month until they are available here in HK. :cool:

hkopium
05-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Was just browsing the GPM website again and noticed some newly added stuff (maybe I just missed them a few days ago??)

Anyways, some stuff that I think I'll be trying:

Alloy diff joint (MIF041) - I know sooner or later I'm going to rip these plastic ones in pieces...I hate the way there are locked with the shafts and can only be released at a certain angle.

Ti main shaft (TMIF1237) - the stock ones are plastic?!?!?!?!!?!

I was going to laugh at the Alloy Wing (MIF040A) until I remember the H8 is really front heavy and tends to nose dive into the ground after a jump....maybe the added weight of an Alloy Wing at the rear can help? LOL..... :D

I guess it's gonna be another month until they are available here in HK. :cool:

GPM posted the new items about 2 days ago. They will not arrive in HK for at least a month. I love those metal wheel arms and hubs!!! I like the alloy Wing, but I prefer silver color. Hope they will release silver or purple color ones.

Metal gears for the diff. is my dream item!!!!!! I want them badly. Hate plastic ones... just like having one night stand without condom... dangerous!!! :p

half8 abuser
05-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Man, I am just happy that we are starting to see parts for our little Mini Inferno. The hard part is got to be controlling myself with the spending.

I hope that gear box they are making holds diff fluid.

Hawk
05-09-2005, 09:09 PM
For those that don't know it, GPM is made by Chin Ngai. This is their website that will get you to Mini Inferno.

http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/frame_main.html

The allow wing threw me for a second, then I though, sharpen those leading edges and you can slice the other guys car up as you motor by. :eek:

These guys make everything.

half8 abuser
05-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I wish I could order from them and not having to go through a hobby shop.

BitHed
05-10-2005, 12:30 AM
...GPM does some REALLY nice stuff and I have never really had any problems with them...But this platform in particular I am being VERY wary of making it heavier with parts that SHOULD be lighter...The alloy wing IMO is a recipie for disaster...Arms I personally wouldnt bother with either...If its a 'breaking' part then I will fit alloy but apart from that I am concentrating on lighter...I mean we all know how hard the motor is working to get it going in STOCK form...

...I have lubed EVERYTHING and replaced MOST of the bolts etc with titanium and it is much MUCH better...It will be nice to see a FUL GPM set up though...I will just rock over to Abuser's house and look at his ;)

rstnboy
05-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Quite a while ago I had a Mini-T and tried to use some of the GPM parts. For the most part they were ok but other companies (3Racing comes to mind) made slightly better parts with a little better fit and finish. The GPM titanium turnbuckles were an absolute waste of money. They were way too brittle and snapped easier than the stock steel ones. I hope the Half8 parts turn out better than their Mini-T parts.

arch2b
05-10-2005, 02:52 AM
considering all the overland, monster and racer parts i've bought from gpm (via mini-zracer) i can honestly say they are of average quality. much better than 3racing, top cad and the like (my opinion) but i have had bad or not up to snuff parts from them such as overland/monster damper mounts with shock screw holes not drilled all the way thru and or misaligned as just one example. don't even get me started on gpm's problems with fulfilling orders either :rolleyes: mini-z/hE has unfilled orders nearly a year old :eek:

what is nice about them, they are quick to get alloy parts to the market, much better than kyosho anyway. if i was going to spend the money, i would rather buy better quality stuff from caw for example. his stuff looks great and you can't beat the warranty ;) i have no doubt his parts are to much better tolerances as well.

i must say however, the alloy wheels do look snazzy :cool:

half8 abuser
05-10-2005, 07:10 AM
...GPM does some REALLY nice stuff and I have never really had any problems with them...But this platform in particular I am being VERY wary of making it heavier with parts that SHOULD be lighter...The alloy wing IMO is a recipie for disaster...Arms I personally wouldnt bother with either...If its a 'breaking' part then I will fit alloy but apart from that I am concentrating on lighter...I mean we all know how hard the motor is working to get it going in STOCK form...

...I have lubed EVERYTHING and replaced MOST of the bolts etc with titanium and it is much MUCH better...It will be nice to see a FUL GPM set up though...I will just rock over to Abuser's house and look at his ;)

Come on over and lets do some racing :D

BitHed
05-10-2005, 07:25 AM
...make me rich baby ;)

plain_simple
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Eheheheheheh Bithead is always a classy guy :p

hkopium
05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Eheheheheheh Bithead is always a classy guy :p

You will not get discount by saying that. LOL :p

plain_simple
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Nahhhh... i just find funny the "make me rich baby" expression lol ;)
Actually i dont even know how he would shipp to Europe i dont think it would be worth it but... we never know.. right?!

halfEIGHT
05-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I think you should get the online store working first :rolleyes: ;) :D

It's working, just waiting for more parts to come in!

Any other GPM parts people want us to stock? Please also include color preferences. Thanks! :)