PDA

View Full Version : Pics....

DAVEMAN
07-31-2007, 12:32 AM
I just thought Id post a couple pics of my buggy...its nothing special with the stock body and all...but here it is...I know theres a seperate thread for this but since 98% of stuff on here is for the electric inferno, I figured I'd just post it here.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/buggy1.jpghttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/carbike1.jpg
Oh and one of my brushless bike.....
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/momotheman5/bike1.jpg

Tinytacohead
08-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Great pics. Whatta you think of the Kyosho bike? I've always wanted one of those little suckers. I wish they'd re-release it with an aluminum frame and a gyro and whatnot. (and a Sirio 09 :D )

Jrgunn5150
08-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Very sharp looking little buggy!

DAVEMAN
08-12-2007, 06:27 AM
The bike is pretty fun. Its got a mamba brushless setup with 1200 Ni-Mh batteries. Its pretty darn quick. The only downside is that you have to run it on a suuuuuper smooth surface. The smallest pebbles will throw the rear end all over the place. Lucky its actually pretty tough...I've flipped it countless times.

Tinytacohead
08-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Nice - for some reason I hadn't thought of going brushless in one of those old Kyosho bikes, though I've seen other brushless bikes. How's the drivetrain hold up? Yeah, I figured you'd have to be on a pretty smooth surface to run it, which means I couldn't really have much fun around my area. They're still the best looking RC bikes out there though. Have you seen the latest RC dirtbike? I can't remember the name but the sucker has one heck of a gyro system in it. It'll run offroad, jump like a champ, and keep on goin. It'll even pick itself up off the ground if you lay it over. There's both a nitro and brushless version of it that I've seen, though I'm not sure if it's available for sale yet or not. Last I heard it was still on the way to dealers.. Hmm, I seem to have drug this thread waay off topic, haha. :o :p

DAVEMAN
08-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I think youre referring to the Ricky Carmichael bike that Radio Shack made. Yeah its pretty amazing actually, being an offroad bike and all. I have seen a couple of nitro conversions that people have done...one sold on one of the rc sites for 600 bucks if I remember correctly. On another note...I just ordered a set of four aluminum shocks, titanium hingepins, titanium turnbuckes, complete titanium screw set, front brake kit and graphite front shock tower for my 09. Ordered from RC Boyz...cant wait to get em...

Tinytacohead
08-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Na, I've seen the Ricky Carmicheal and it's definitely cool, but the one I'm speaking of is a different bike completely.

Sweet on the parts. I hope you didn't get the turnbuckle kit I did. I dunno the brand but it came with rod ends & titanium ball studs too. Looked like a real nice set but after installing I found some of the turnbuckles to be a tad short, (to the extent of them pulling out of the rod-ends while in rough terrain), and also that it was verrry hard to get them to thread into the rod ends. The screw kit.. was it made for the nitro version or did you get the electric screw kit? I haven't looked in awhile but I haven't seen a titanium kit for the 09. What kind of shocks did ya order? I'd really like a set of Sato's. You'll have to report back on how the front tower holds up. I've got a 3R, titanium colored rear tower, and a stocker up front. Seems I waited a tad too long to get them and 3R is no longer producing fronts in that color. :rolleyes:

DAVEMAN
08-14-2007, 06:06 AM
The turnbuckles that I ordered say theyre for both. I hope they work. Last weekend when I ran I didnt quite clear the doubles and flipped my buggy. it wasnt a bad wreck or anything but it did snap the shock tower screw that holds the top of the shock to the shocktower...and I also lost the black shock bushing...so I'm going to try the graphite shocktower out. Graphite shock towers on gas buggies and trucks make me a bit nervous so we'll see.

The shocks are from 3Racing...I didnt do any research on them, so I hope theyre decent. Do you know what weight shock oil the factory shocks come filled with? I want to put a little bit thicker oil in but I'm not sure where to start.

Oh, I also bought a roll over antenna. I;ve never used one but I understand thet its made of stiff fiberglass or something that can help to put your buggy back on its wheels if you flip it.

And....(big spender today!) I just got a ofna fail safe on ebay for $14. This one is freakin tiny so it should be a good fit.

Last but not least....I think theres a short or something in my starter box. Last time out sometimes it would work and then it wouldnt..so i'll have to check that badboy out and see whats up with it.

Tinytacohead
08-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Whatever turnbuckle kit I got was for both too, I think I just picked a cheap set. That's currently what's keeping me from running right now - not being able to keep steering buckles in because they're just a tad short, heh. I might replace those two with Lunsfords or somthin.

I dunno what the stock shock oil weight is. I asked that on here, and of a couple people personally, and nobody seems to know. I'm with you though, it's a bit light. I wound up mixing up some 35w and putting it in and it still wasn't thick enough for my liking. I didn't check to see how many holes the stock pistons were running either though. As for the 3Racing shocks, they're supposed to be great and I've heard they come with a good weight of oil in them already.

Yeah, graphite towers make me nervous too, lol. Be sure to post some pics up after you get everything and install it. Definitely let me know on the antenna, I was thinking of getting one myself. Will be interested to see how the failsafe fits in too, as I need to pick one up. My Futaba reciever with a built in FS aaalmost fits in the reciver box, but not quite, so I'm running my teeny Novak RX in her. As for your starter box, mine does that somtimes. My particular case had to do with how the contacts meet eachother when you press in on the button. If you hold it a little teeeny bit sideways, it makes contact better..