PDA

View Full Version : Compare Time Mamba CM 2068, 6800kv VS AON Thrust T4515 4900kv

half8 abuser
05-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Well I am going to see which one I like better. Right off the bat you can see this size difference. Keep in mind that the Mamba does have a heat sink on it.

Also the wires that come off the AON motor are a lot thicker and seem to be a better wire. The ones on the Mamba are thin and very stiff.

I hope to have ever thing installed by the end of the week. I have to go buy the new steering servo. I also want to wait for my SSG Graphite shock towers, SSG Graphite Steering Saver Plate and Aluminum motor mount. That way I can install everything at once.

Want to be able to test the engines with the same mods installed.

http://img51.echo.cx/img51/5971/dsc029153xo.jpg

http://img51.echo.cx/img51/3770/dsc029134tl.jpg

TNB
05-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Here is another angle.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album649/MotorCompare3.jpg

half8 abuser
05-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Ya I saw that pic in the other post. Nice. So which one did you like best? Also what pinions are you running. How many teeth?

BitHed
05-08-2005, 02:40 PM
...I hate to copycat but I should have my AON in a couple of days...

...I have a couple of 20mm pinions lined up, one 12t and one 14t, i could probably find a 16t at the LHS if i needed to...So thats THAT problem sorted...

...Ascubie mentioned that the stock H8 motor screws WONT work so I have to look at that when it arrives...Unlike TNB who used some off his MAMBA this is my FIRST brushless so i will have to raid the screw box...The trusty old screwbox has been getting visited alot recently...

...I too have the 3Rcing alloy motor mount coming soon so in the same way I will be fitting the 4900 at the same time...I also have to replace my steering wipers but thats another story :o

...Abuser it looks like we are in essentially the same boat brotha :D

rstnboy
05-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Add me to the list of "copycats". My AON T2415-4900 just showed up in the mail and first impressions are that it is well put together as a package. It includes the motor with connectors already installed on the leads and connectors for installation on the ESC (for those who don't already have them). It also includes a bit of heat shrink tubing for the ESC connectors. If someone were to use a BK Warrior or MGM Compro this is the type of detail that prevents yet another delay for miscellaneous parts and some frustration. External size comparison to the Mamba is well illustrated in the post above. I haven't pulled it or the Mamba apart (nor will I) to compare the internals but a larger can should yield a bit higher torque. Shaft size is 2mm just like the Mamba so the stock Half8 pinions won't work without some shimming.

I will be testing both motors in a Half8 using a Kokam 11.1 lipo, Mamba 25 ESC, and RC18T 11 and 12 tooth pinions. We'll see how things go.

half8 abuser
05-08-2005, 05:38 PM
MMM I didn't get the connectors for the ESC.

homer
05-08-2005, 06:28 PM
hey guys,
Im looking forward to your feedback on the AON as compared to the CC Mamba (6800kV). Why not compare it to the 5400kV? :)

WhoMe
05-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Whered you guys get those motors?

TNB
05-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Ya I saw that pic in the other post. Nice. So which one did you like best? Also what pinions are you running. How many teeth?
So far I see them as two different types of motors because of the difference in Kv--one as more of a track motor v. a speed demon motor. However, I like the idea that the AON is staying cooler, especially since it is a nice 76F here according to Yahoo. That also means it should be at least 80F at the 1/8th scale track I'm heading to soon.

Today I am going to run a 14T. I also picked up another brand of pinion gears so I may try those later (14T & 16T), which have larger Allen screws. However, since I only have two 3-cell LiPos, my runs are limited since I don't recharge the LiPos the same day. The second LiPo is still charging--53m, 83F, 1098 so far. I also replaced the front tires on my Tamiya Ferrari F1 and charged up a couple of stick packs for it so I can run that on the on-road track next to the off-road track. ;)

hey guys,
Im looking forward to your feedback on the AON as compared to the CC Mamba (6800kV). Why not compare it to the 5400kV? :)
Because I already own two CM2080 8000kv motors. ;) However, if and when AON releases a higher Kv rated motor, I'll probably compare that one. :D

acsubie
05-08-2005, 07:23 PM
...I hate to copycat but I should have my AON in a couple of days...

...I have a couple of 20mm pinions lined up, one 12t and one 14t, i could probably find a 16t at the LHS if i needed to...So thats THAT problem sorted...

...Ascubie mentioned that the stock H8 motor screws WONT work so I have to look at that when it arrives...Unlike TNB who used some off his MAMBA this is my FIRST brushless so i will have to raid the screw box...The trusty old screwbox has been getting visited alot recently...

...I too have the 3Rcing alloy motor mount coming soon so in the same way I will be fitting the 4900 at the same time...I also have to replace my steering wipers but thats another story :o

...Abuser it looks like we are in essentially the same boat brotha :D

in the extra screws bag that came with the H8 i was able to find 2 screws that worked better than good :)

rstnboy
05-08-2005, 08:30 PM
MMM I didn't get the connectors for the ESC.

Mine were attached to the the corresponding male connector on the motor. From looking at the pictures you posted way up top, yours came the same way. With a firm pull, yours should come off and the ends of the motor wires will look identical to the ones on the mamba wires.

half8 abuser
05-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Mine were attached to the the corresponding male connector on the motor. From looking at the pictures you posted way up top, yours came the same way. With a firm pull, yours should come off and the ends of the motor wires will look identical to the ones on the mamba wires.

Yes, after a closer inspection Inoticed mine did come with them. I just over looked it. Thanks for the info though. :D

rstnboy
05-09-2005, 04:12 AM
TNB,

I just checked out your gallery. Where did you get the AON 2815 and have you run it yet? If you have, how does it compare to the 2415 and the Mamba?

I just ran my AON 2415-4900 with an 11 tooth pinion this evening. With a 3S lipo I can definitely tell the slipper needs help even more so than with the Mamba 6800. The Mamba was still faster on the top end, as expected given the kv/volt of each, but the AON was noticeably faster off the line and both the controller and motor ran about 10 degrees cooler (based on a Duratrax temp gauge). The Mamba even had a heat sink whereas the AON did not and the AON still ran cooler.

TNB
05-09-2005, 04:21 AM
I haven't ran the second AON motor yet. As a matter of fact, the only thing I ran today was my Tamiya F1 since the local dirt track I went to was closed today. :( Mother's Day?

jatetu
05-18-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm trying the hacker e3-49 (4900 rpv). I've got in offer: 49$ :eek:

http://www.quatricomedia.com/topami/hcvsmb.jpg

As you can see it's bigger than mamba. it has much more torque an run cooler. But the question is... is enought cool?

It's running ten degrees coler than mamba, but the mamba is 110ºC ( in a hard run during twenty minutes in a long 1/8 track).

My question is: what is the adecuate temp?

I would like to know the temps you get with the aon in near same conditions.

Its really true, with a fan all the problems go out (mamba 8000 --> 80ºC; hacker --> 65ºC), but i would preffer without fan.

With hacker, the lipos didn't get hot

mOOsE
05-18-2005, 07:22 PM
aren't the hackers the exact same size as the mamba motors? I am pretty sure they are. I know they look different but that is only the hacker can with the heatsink on it. I believe they are the same size so the hacker shouldn't be a whole lot different. It may run cooler but the heatsink is integrated into the can which is more efficient than adding a heatsink.

jatetu
05-18-2005, 09:42 PM
i don't know other hacker models, but this hacker e-flite is different than the mamba, not only the can. Less internal resistance, more idle amps, much bigger torq.

The dimensions are near aon ones. Anybody has tested aon temps?

mOOsE
05-19-2005, 02:50 AM
hmm. I am not up on my hacker model numbers but perhaps I am thinking of the next version down

vindictor67
05-19-2005, 02:53 AM
i don't know other hacker models, but this hacker e-flite is different than the mamba, not only the can. Less internal resistance, more idle amps, much bigger torq.

The dimensions are near aon ones. Anybody has tested aon temps?

What the heck is "Idle Amps"? :confused: Lazy Buggers that refuse to work??? LOL

lukeita
05-19-2005, 10:20 PM
49$ Wow where did you get it?
Thanks!

jatetu
05-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Hi lukeita, i found at www.grandrc.com

JonteJsson
05-25-2005, 03:58 PM
@Hacker E3
Is there 3 poles?
Because on the pics that I have seen there is only 2 cables coming from the motor