PDA

View Full Version : MI ST and MI 09 compatible?

Jshwaa
07-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Would a pinion like this (http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_653_695&products_id=23396) work with a Mini Inferno ST/Nano Dragon II? I ordered 2 of them for my nano and didn't even bother to notice the "09" in the name. It was in the 1:16 Mini Inferno ST section and dinball, so....

t9dragon
07-02-2007, 05:12 AM
That is the pinion that goes in the diff. It should work just fine........................

Jshwaa
07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
That is the pinion that goes in the diff. It should work just fine........................

No, it is the gear that goes on the ends of the drive shaft and mates with the diff. gear. You're maybe thinking of the tiny gears that are inside the actual diff. assembly, but the gear I ordered is the gear at the end of the drive shafts, which is essentially connected to the dogbone that leads from the central diff. So are you still sure it will work?

markus
07-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm using 09 metal pinions in my electric mini inferno also. The gears will mesh properly with the gears in the ST, but these pinion gears will require the 09 centre joint cups. The way that the joint cup(where the centre dog bones go into) attaches to the shaft of the pinion is completely different. I don't know why a piece like this is completely different between the electric and gas versions but they are definately not compatible.

It's worth it though, so many people are stripping these plastic pinions so the metal ones should hold up much better.